The Daily Moot: PS5 Backwards CompatibilityNews Picks
1. PS5 Backwards Compatibility
The backwards compatibility of the upcoming PlayStation 5 is coming under scrutiny after an Ubisoft support page seemed to leak that the console’s abilities will be limited. Specifically, the page said that the PS5 will only be backwards compatible with PS4 games, and that the PS5 will not work with PS3, PS2, or PS1 games. Considering that both Sony and Microsoft have been touting their upcoming consoles’ backwards capabilities, it would certainly seem that the Xbox Series X would have an edge if this news is true. Sony has yet to comment on the matter, but the Ubisoft support page has now been modified to remove any mention of backwards compatibility.
2. League of Legends Samira The next League of Legends champion, Samira, has been revealed. Described as a “gifted, ruthless marksman who charges up her style meter as she hunts for the flashiest kill,” Samira’s kit looks to have a bit of everything. With guns, knives, swords, dashes, resets, and more, Samira looks incredibly fun to play but also extremely difficult to balance. It’s unclear when Samira will arrive, but she is available on PBE servers now. You can check out the reveal trailer for Samira below.
3. Sims 4 Star Wars Star Wars will soon be making its way to The Sims 4. Called Journey to Batuu, the pack will include things such as spaceships, lightsabers, and familiar Star Wars characters. Journey to Batuu will also have a story campaign where players will have to side with either The Resistance, First Order, or the “scoundrels.” The Journey to Batuu Game Pack is set to arrive on September 8; you can check out the reveal trailer below.
4. Tellstones: King’s Gambit Riot Games continues to put the “s” in “Games” as they have now announced a new tabletop game called Tellstones: King’s Gambit. Described as an “unforgettable game of bluffing, strategy, and recollection from the world of Runeterra,” Tellstones: King’s Gambit marks the second tabletop game from Riot following the release of Mechs vs. Minions in 2016. There’s no word yet on when the Tellstones: King’s Gambit will launch, but Riot released a cinematic trailer for the game today which you can check out below.
5. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, the spiritual successor to the classic game Suikoden, has completed its incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign. Raising more than $4.5M, Eiyuden Chronicle is now the third most successful video game Kickstarter in history; first place belongs to Shenmue 3 with $6.3M. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes isn’t set to come out until 2022, but the developers released a short gameplay teaser last month which you can watch below.
P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below! Rainbow Six Siege Event (Week 6):
Back to School Event: