Team Moot verified Admin
Sep 1, 2020, 05:53 AM 9,359 read

The Daily Moot: PS5 Backwards Compatibility

News Picks

1. PS5 Backwards Compatibility

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: PS5 Backwards Compatibility image 2

The backwards compatibility of the upcoming PlayStation 5 is coming under scrutiny after an Ubisoft support page seemed to leak that the console’s abilities will be limited. Specifically, the page said that the PS5 will only be backwards compatible with PS4 games, and that the PS5 will not work with PS3, PS2, or PS1 games. Considering that both Sony and Microsoft have been touting their upcoming consoles’ backwards capabilities, it would certainly seem that the Xbox Series X would have an edge if this news is true. Sony has yet to comment on the matter, but the Ubisoft support page has now been modified to remove any mention of backwards compatibility.

2. League of Legends Samira   The next League of Legends champion, Samira, has been revealed. Described as a “gifted, ruthless marksman who charges up her style meter as she hunts for the flashiest kill,” Samira’s kit looks to have a bit of everything. With guns, knives, swords, dashes, resets, and more, Samira looks incredibly fun to play but also extremely difficult to balance. It’s unclear when Samira will arrive, but she is available on PBE servers now. You can check out the reveal trailer for Samira below.

3. Sims 4 Star Wars   Star Wars will soon be making its way to The Sims 4. Called Journey to Batuu, the pack will include things such as spaceships, lightsabers, and familiar Star Wars characters. Journey to Batuu will also have a story campaign where players will have to side with either The Resistance, First Order, or the “scoundrels.” The Journey to Batuu Game Pack is set to arrive on September 8; you can check out the reveal trailer below.

4. Tellstones: King’s Gambit   Riot Games continues to put the “s” in “Games” as they have now announced a new tabletop game called Tellstones: King’s Gambit. Described as an “unforgettable game of bluffing, strategy, and recollection from the world of Runeterra,” Tellstones: King’s Gambit marks the second tabletop game from Riot following the release of Mechs vs. Minions in 2016. There’s no word yet on when the Tellstones: King’s Gambit will launch, but Riot released a cinematic trailer for the game today which you can check out below.

5. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes   Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, the spiritual successor to the classic game Suikoden, has completed its incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign. Raising more than $4.5M, Eiyuden Chronicle is now the third most successful video game Kickstarter in history; first place belongs to Shenmue 3 with $6.3M. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes isn’t set to come out until 2022, but the developers released a short gameplay teaser last month which you can watch below.

P.S. We've got some great events happening right now on Moot with awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below!   Rainbow Six Siege Event (Week 6):

Back to School Event:

Comment 241

• Majesi Moreno LV.1 Mootie Sep 1, 2020, 07:19 AM

What

• Naughty_Cola LV.19 Titan Sep 1, 2020, 07:20 AM

Damm

• Chase Brant LV.2 Lurker Sep 1, 2020, 07:22 AM

It was known they wouldn’t have full backwards compatibility and it would be top games selected by them so I wouldn’t consider this news

• seismek LV.5 Breacher Sep 1, 2020, 07:23 AM

News is not that bad

• Gendor64 LV.20 Shadow Sep 1, 2020, 07:23 AM

sony never said they would have ps1-3 bc but sure? they never touted their bc either they only said they'd have ps4 bc (at the time it was only for the top 100 games and more being added in future, tho from what i heard last it seems like all games will be playable if the devs allow it it's just not guaranteed that they run smooth until they are whitelisted) i think we knew since about the gdc replacement that ps5 will have a "legacy mode" and that's what it's always been. there never was any promises about any other console being bc so idk how the fuck this is bad news because that's what we expected for a while now.

• Andres Mancera LV.7 Nomad Sep 1, 2020, 07:27 AM

I’m fine with that i just wanna know if I can play games that I bought on the ps4 store on the ps5

• ItsMe_Phoenix LV.11 Best Squadmate Sep 1, 2020, 07:29 AM

• Zuna LV.20 Wolf Sep 1, 2020, 07:30 AM

*CD Backwards compatibility

• Adam. LV.16 Champion Sep 1, 2020, 07:32 AM

what's even the point of ps5 anymore

• OrbitalShark LV.11 Chief Sep 1, 2020, 07:33 AM

And? I'm getting a next-gen machine to play next-gen games. If I want to play older games (PS3 backwards, as PS4 games will play) then I'll play on my PS3 🤷🏻‍♂️

• PRIIDE LV.4 Wolf Sep 1, 2020, 07:34 AM

well PS5 damn

• MerK LV.29 Made in America Sep 1, 2020, 07:39 AM

tbh I dont feel like getting a new console tbh. ima stick with PC.

• Zevulsion LV.23 Clearly Hacking Sep 1, 2020, 07:41 AM

boo hoo why play those old games lol ive beat them all why play em again

• Smartcookie452 LV.4 Lurker Sep 1, 2020, 07:51 AM

Lol

• HAD3S DC LV.31 Legend Sep 1, 2020, 07:54 AM

PlayStation not as good as Xbox change my mind. #Japan'sonlymistakewasplaystation

• GHOSTZ_12654 LV.19 Shadow Sep 1, 2020, 08:32 AM

• HAD3S DC LV.31 Legend Sep 1, 2020, 08:36 AM

... my oh my, aren't you the man of no culture whatsoever. Do you not see how childish and uncreative it is to respond to things with a gif. Especially a gif of anything to do with that guy? If you got something to say, man up, charge up those 3 braincells, and say something

• GHOSTZ_12654 LV.19 Shadow Sep 1, 2020, 08:37 AM

• HAD3S DC LV.31 Legend Sep 1, 2020, 08:41 AM

Doesn't even have enough brain nor the dignity to respond like a man, hmph, pathetic. Grow a pair will ya. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself. No one thinks what you have done is witty or of any substance. You are basically screaming "I HAVE NO ACTUAL BRAIN, I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY BECAUSE MY MENTAL CAPACITY IS ABOUT THE SAME AS THAT OF A DEAD COW. AND I ALSO HAPPEN TO PUT THE COW IN COWARD BECAUSE ALL I PRODUCE IS LARGE SHITS AND I FEED OFF OF THE SAME GRASS ALL OF THE OTHER MINDLESS FUTURE BURGERS IN SOCIETY FEED OFF OF BUT ITS OK BECAUSE MY OWNER CALLS ME BUTTERCUP SO I MUST BE SPECIAL TO THEM"

• GHOSTZ_12654 LV.19 Shadow Sep 1, 2020, 08:43 AM

• HAD3S DC LV.31 Legend Sep 1, 2020, 08:48 AM

GHOSTZ_12654  Just stop man, you're making me cringe...
    Do you not see how cringe you are being?
    Get in my shoes for a second. It's like saying something, and then a kid running up to me and waving his arms about doing his best impression of a trex with downsyndrome at full volume right in front of my face. You are only making yourself look like some brainlet of a 5yr old

• GHOSTZ_12654 LV.19 Shadow Sep 1, 2020, 08:49 AM

HAD3S DC  那孩子聽起來很嚇人。

• HAD3S DC LV.31 Legend Sep 1, 2020, 08:54 AM

GHOSTZ_12654  bro, using Google translate rlly ain't gonna help you. I think I'm the first person to have ever typed that out before.

• HAD3S DC LV.31 Legend Sep 1, 2020, 08:55 AM

GHOSTZ_12654  你是一個沒人

• Mxtrixttv52 LV.2 Lurker Sep 1, 2020, 09:45 PM

Nice vid

Home