The Daily Moot (12/20/18)
1. Islands of Nyne Ceases Development, Goes Free to Play
The fast-paced battle royale game Islands of Nyne will stop development almost immediately, according to a Steam Community post from the game’s dev team. In the announcement, it was also revealed the game is going to become free to play and servers will stay up in the future so fans of the game may have a chance to keep playing it. The final update to the game will introduce a credits screen to the main menu and add the ability for players to host their own servers. Did you like Islands of Nyne? Have you ever heard of it? Could be a great time to get into it, seeing as it is now free!
2. First Player Creation Makes its way onto Fortnite’s Block Kanncitak is the Fortnite player who will be remembered (or more likely, immediately forgotten) as the first to have their creation featured on The Block. Grimy Greens factory is now live in game, meaning players can drop into a game of Fortnite battle royale and experience Kanncitak’s custom design first hand. The Block has replaced Risky Reels and will continue to feature different player creations.
3. Sam Raimi Suit Now Available in Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4 Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4 is getting a new DLC tomorrow that will introduce three more suits, but an update this morning has added another suit. The Sam Raimi Spider-Man suit was highly requested and it is now available in game for free. The “Webbed Suit” is famously the suit Tobey Maguire’s Peter Parker wore in the first Spider-Man movie he was in. The paid DLC Silver Lining releases tomorrow, rounding out the DLC pack The City That Never Sleeps.
4. ‘Harry Potter Wizards Unite’ is a New Mobile Game A new teaser for Harry Potter Wizards Unite was just posted on YouTube this morning, showing some out of control Nimbus 2000 brooms flying down a highway. The game is a new mobile game from Niantic, the company that makes Pokemon Go. You can safely expect Wizards Unite to be an Augmented Reality game similar to Pokemon Go. While the specific details of the game are still unclear, you can expect the game to bring you outside to make sure muggles don’t learn about magic. You can also sign up for the beta now! There’s a link at the bottom of the attached article.
5. For Honor’s Assassin’s Creed Crossover Event is Live For the Creed is a limited time event that will see Assassin’s Creed completely take over For Honor for the next couple of weeks. Until January 1st, For Honor will feature characters, costumes, music, and visual themes from throughout the Assassin’s Creed franchises history. Ezio Auditore and Cesare Borgia are Commanders, soldiers are dressed as Templars(Knights), Assassins(Samurai), or Pirates(Vikings). The three maps in the game even feature dozens of Assassin’s Creed Easter eggs. Finally, a new version of the Dominion game mode is live which features Ezio and Cesare facing off as Commanders.
=================== We've started a massive end of year giveaway event here on Moot! We just launched the Moot Game Awards because we want to know what your favorite parts of gaming in 2018 are. You can vote on Game of the Year, Esport of the Year, and more. In order to win massive prizes, you just need to vote+comment on a poll! Each vote+comment pair will count as one entry. Read the post below for more information and start voting!