The Daily Moot: Black Ops Cold War RevealNews Picks
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Reveal
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has officially been revealed. The highly anticipated next edition of the Call of Duty franchise is set to be a direct sequel to the original Black Ops game, which was released back in 2010. Considering that Black Ops 2 was also a direct sequel to Black Ops, it’ll be interesting to see how Activision and Treyarch manage to make the 3 games coexist with each other. In terms of gameplay, the reveal confirmed that many fan favorites will be returning for Black Ops Cold War, including a robust single-player campaign, a new Zombies experience, and a continuation of the Warzone battle royale mode. Activision also confirmed that the game’s multiplayer will be both cross-platform and cross-generational, meaning that players on PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X will all be able to play together. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is set to launch on November 13; you can check out the reveal trailer below.
2. Gamescom 2020 Gamescom 2020 is set to kick off tomorrow. The world’s largest annual gaming convention, Gamescom typically takes place in Cologne, Germany, but will be exclusively digital this year due to the coronavirus pandemic. Some of the highlights of this year’s event include never-before-seen trailers, exclusive developer interviews, and live gameplay demos. You can watch the Gamescom 2020 livestream on Twitch and YouTube starting tomorrow at 10am PT.
3. Fall Guys Cheaters Fall Guys is cracking down on cheaters. In a recent statement, the development team for fall guys said that “dealing with cheaters is a top priority” and that they have already begun establishing advanced methods to identify cheaters, enabling them to take “immediate action.” This makes it so that cheaters will be blocked from the game as soon as they are detected, meaning that cheaters won’t even be able to finish their current ongoing game. Mediatonic says that this system will work automatically, and that there is no need for players to report cheaters.
4. Ring of Pain Demo The demo for Ring of Pain is now available. Ring of Pain is a roguelike dungeon crawler card game which the developers describe as “a turn-based Binding of Isaac set in the darkest corner of your mind.” The demo for Ring of Pain is available for free on Steam starting today, with the game’s full release slated for October 15. You can watch the trailer for the game below.
5. Pokemon Go Mega Evolutions Pokemon Go will soon be adding Mega Evolutions to the game. Similar to the Mega Evolutions in games like Pokemon X and Moon, Mega Evolutions will be stronger versions of specific fully-evolved Pokemon such as Charizard and Blastoise. In order to Mega Evolve a Pokemon, players will have to acquire Mega Energy by participating in raids against Mega Evolved Pokemon. The new feature is set to launch tomorrow and Niantic will be holding several events with Mega Evolutions starting next month.