The Daily Moot (12/19/18)
1. ‘Leaked’ Footage Possibly Shows Red Dead Redemption 2 Footage on PC
A short video showed up on YouTube recently that shows off a potential build of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC. The video, which is only 25 seconds long, shows off the graphics setting menu for the game. There are standard PC options like screen type, resolution, refresh rate, and more. While it is exciting to see this kind of thing, the leak may not be real because it only shows menus, which would be the easiest thing to fake. Maybe Rockstar will come out with a statement on the leak, but we wouldn’t bet on it.
2. PUBG Winter Map ‘Vikendi’ Releases on PC and Mobile Vikendi, PUBG’s snow map they revealed at The Game Awards, is now live for PC and mobile players. Vikendi is an attempt from PUBG Corp. to strike a balance between the style of their old maps and the recently released Sanhok map. Vikendi is larger than Sanhok, but players can still experience some of the fast paced, close quarter combat the small jungle map offered. Apparently, Vikendi will be available on consoles sometime next month.
3. Fortnite’s Official Merch Store Launched Today Finally, there’s an official way to buy Fortnite themed merchanise. The Retail Row store, which you can access online, provides fans of Fortnite (or their parents) to purchase some sweet cosmetics. The pickings are a bit slim currently, but you can buy a Durr Burger Onesie for $70 USD. There is also a Skull Trooper Pullover Hoodie and a decent selection of graphic t-shirts. Unfortunately, the merch store is not in time for Christmas, as all items will ship sometime in late January.
4. For Honor and Assassin’s Creed Crossover Event may be Near The For Honor Twitter account is teasing a crossover event with Assassin’s Creed that will be announced tomorrow. For Honor tweeted “nothing is true, everything is permitted” which is the Creed’s maxim, so we know something is coming from the two games. It makes sense, as both games are owned by Ubisoft and have done small scale crossovers before. The extent of the upcoming crossover is the only uncertainty at this point. Fans of the games should keep their eyes peeled tomorrow for a hopefully big announcement.
5. Fallout 76 will get a PvP Mode next Year Alongside the last patch of 2018, Bethesda has revealed a few teasers of what to expect in Fallout 76 next year. Perhaps the most exciting is the promise of a new mode “without PvP restrictions.” Currently in Fallout 76 when you attack another player, they will take reduced damage until they choose to fight back. Doing away with this restriction would suggest either a full opt-in PvP mode, or maybe even true PvP servers. Either way, it is exciting to see Bethesda continue to invest in a game that clearly needs it.
=================== We've started a massive end of year giveaway event here on Moot! We just launched the Moot Game Awards because we want to know what your favorite parts of gaming in 2018 are. You can vote on Game of the Year, Esport of the Year, and more. In order to win massive prizes, you just need to vote+comment on a poll! Each vote+comment pair will count as one entry. Read the post below for more information and start voting!