Team Moot verified Admin
Aug 22, 2020, 05:43 AM 2,034 read

The Daily Moot: Fortnite x Thor Crossover

News Picks

1. Fortnite x Thor Crossover

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Fortnite x Thor Crossover image 2

Thor is coming to Fortnite. Although Epic didn’t provide many details about the event or the rest of Season 4, they finally confirmed the long-rumored crossover with a simple, emoji-filled tweet that referenced Thor’s Hammer, lightning, and the Rainbow Bridge. The announcement also seems to confirm the start date of Fortnite Season 4 as August 27, meaning that players have less than one week left to accomplish their goals for Season 3. Aside from the Thor crossover, Epic hasn’t unveiled much of what Season 4 has in store yet, but we can expect plenty of more information to come pouring in during the coming days.

2. Marvel’s Avengers Beta   The Marvel’s Avengers open beta is officially here. After a limited closed beta last weekend, Marvel’s Avengers is now available to be played by anyone. The open beta will give players a substantial taste of the game, offering 4 story missions, additional side missions, and multiplayer content. Unfortunately, however, any progress you make during the beta will be reset once the game launches. Available for preloading now, the Marvel’s Avengers open beta will unlock tonight at 9pm PT and will last until August 23. Marvel’s Avengers is set to launch on September 4.

3. FreeFortnite Cup   Epic has announced a new Fortnite tournament called the FreeFortnite Cup. The tournament alludes to Epic’s ongoing battle with Apple which erupted after Fortnite was removed from the tech giant's app store. Although it’s being described as a tournament, the FreeFortnite Cup has plenty of prizes available for players of all levels. The tournament period will last for 4 hours and all players who survive at least 10 minutes of gameplay during that time will earn the new Apple parody “Tart Tycoon” skin. While the skin is the easiest reward to get, the highest performing players will be able to earn prizes like Fortnite hats, Samsung Galaxy tablets, and even an Alienware gaming laptop. The FreeFortnite cup is set to kick off on August 23 but the start time has not yet been announced.

4. Epic Freebies   Another week of freebies from Epic Games is here. This week’s free games are Enter the Gungeon and God’s Trigger. You can grab your free copies of these games directly from the Epic Games Store from now until August 27. As long as you claim the games by August 27, they will stay in your library forever.

5. Burger King Twitch Donations   Burger King has come under fire after their controversial advertisement campaign exploited Twitch’s donation system. Burger King’s “King of Stream” ad campaign worked by taking advantage of streamers who use text-to-speech for their donations. Burger King would leave a minimum donation (often $1) to streamers, which enabled the company to have an advertisement message for Burger King be read aloud to the stream. Burger King’s ad campaign was not only criticized for being unethical, it also violated Streamlabs’ terms of service. It’s currently unclear if Streamlabs is planning to take any action regarding the situation. https://www.pcgamer.com/burger-king-takes-heat-for-using-twitch-donation-readouts-to-run-advertisements/

P.S. We've got some great Moot events going on right now with some awesome prizes up for grabs. Check them out below!   Rainbow Six Siege Event:

Apex Legends Event:

Fall Guys Event:

Back to School Event:

Comment 38

• Zhamrok LV.20 JUST SEND IT Aug 22, 2020, 07:01 AM

I think fortnite’s events are getting worse and worse

• Cyberツ LV.24 I'm a Bot Aug 22, 2020, 09:41 AM

not true but ur opinion

• Zhamrok LV.20 JUST SEND IT Aug 22, 2020, 09:42 AM

Well that’s not true but your opinion

• Cyberツ LV.24 I'm a Bot Aug 22, 2020, 09:41 AM

i loved travis scott

• Sir_BadName LV.3 Lurker Aug 22, 2020, 09:47 AM

It went downhill from season 10

• Jeffapelic LV.21 Professional Noob Aug 22, 2020, 05:44 AM

Can i have your son

• Xethriel LV.19 Assassin Aug 22, 2020, 05:46 AM

burger king..... lol

• Cow Boy Billy LV.29 Billy Aug 22, 2020, 05:48 AM

Fortnite Season 4 will be super hero themed but with actual super heroes from marvel/maybe DC.
    Fortnite didnt confirm it yet officially but leakers have pretty solid evidence

• Decayingdeity LV.12 Chief Aug 22, 2020, 09:34 AM

Guess it’s time to kms

• Ace of Spades7 LV.12 JUST SEND IT Aug 22, 2020, 11:24 AM

Me watching people who still play fortnite like

• Cigarettes LV.14 Bandit Aug 22, 2020, 02:05 PM

honest I think fortnite is trash and yeah that's my opinion

• VRolook LV.25 Happy 2020! Aug 22, 2020, 05:45 AM

im getting that alienware laptop and no one is gonna stop me.( from the freefortnitecup)

• P3pper._. LV.21 Clearly Hacking Aug 22, 2020, 05:46 AM

Give me your child

• xWizard21 LV.20 Pathfinder Main Aug 22, 2020, 06:00 AM

what the heck

• Minecraft Mates LV.21 S Aug 22, 2020, 06:45 AM

y doe

• wobo LV.17 You're a Bot Aug 22, 2020, 09:13 AM

bruh

• I like turtles :) LV.5 Clearly Hacking Aug 22, 2020, 09:37 AM

Gay

• Vortex Superboy LV.24 Let’s play R6! Aug 22, 2020, 09:40 AM

hi