The Daily Moot: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold WarNews Picks
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War
It’s official: the next Call of Duty will be Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War. Activision finally confirmed the project with a new teaser trailer called “Know Your History.” As its title suggests, the trailer takes a look at some real-life historical events, cautioning viewers to know their history “or be doomed to repeat it.” Activision is set to follow up the trailer with a full worldwide reveal event on August 26. You can check out the trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War below.
2. PS5 Trailer Sony has released its very first live-action trailer for the PlayStation 5. Called “Play Has No Limits,” Sony designed the trailer to “showcase some of the immersive gameplay you will experience on the new console.” Unfortunately, despite the description, the trailer doesn’t actually show any gameplay. It also doesn’t unveil any critical information fans have been waiting for such as price and release date, but it’s rumored that Sony may be planning a more informative event later this month. You can check out the Play Has No Limits trailer below.
3. Fall Guys Changes A new patch just hit Fall Guys today, bringing plenty of welcome changes to the game. The most notable changes involve modifications to Fall Guys’ team games. Specifically, there will no longer be any back-to-back team game rounds, meaning that there will be at least one solo game between any team games. The update also implemented some map changes, limiting the maximum number of players on Fall Mountain to 15 and changing the timer on Team Tail Tag and Royal Fumble to 1:30.
4. Black Myth: Wukong Black Myth: Wukong was surprise-revealed today and it’s attracting a lot of attention. The soulslike game is styled after the classic Chinese tale “Journey to the West,” and features the monkey king Sun Wukong as its protagonist. Although the game is still early in development, developer Game Science Studio chose to reveal the project with a lengthy trailer that’s overflowing with real, pre-alpha gameplay footage. It will likely be quite some time before Black Myth: Wukong actually hits the market, but it certainly seems like a game for soulslike fans to keep an eye on. You can check out the reveal trailer for Black Myth: Wukong below.
5. Bloodlines 2 Fires Team Leads It looks like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will be starting over from scratch. Developer Hardsuit Labs announced last week that they were looking to implement some “organizational changes” and have now fired 2 of their team leads. Lead writer Brian Mitsoda and creative director Ka’ai Cluney have both been removed from the project as part of a “joint decision made by the leadership of Hardsuit Labs and Paradox Interactive.” These firings will no doubt be controversial, especially considering that Brian Mitsoda was intimately involved with the first game and heavily featured in the upcoming sequel’s promotional content. As a result of the organizational changes, Bloodlines 2 has now been delayed until at least 2021.