The Daily Moot: Operation Shadow LegacyNews Picks
1. Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Shadow Legacy
The massive upcoming season of Rainbow Six Siege, Operation Shadow Legacy, has officially been revealed. Shadow Legacy will be the first new season since Ubisoft announced earlier this year that they would be greatly changing their approach to Siege updates, focusing more on improving existing content rather than introducing new content. As such, Shadow Legacy will be bringing tons of quality-of-life improvements such as an improved ping system, new scopes, and a Chalet map rework. Of course, there’s still a new operator coming and it’s a big one: Sam Fisher. Although it seems that Sam Fisher will be the only new operator in Shadow Legacy, Splinter Cell fans will no doubt rejoice as the iconic character makes his way to the Siege roster under the codename “Zero.” You can check out Ubisoft’s breakdown of everything Operation Shadow Legacy has to offer below.
2. Summer Games Done Quick The 2020 summer edition of Games Done Quick is here. The annual charity event features some of the best speedrunners on the planet showing off their incredible skill in games such as Witcher 3, Portal 2, Bioshock Infinite, and DOOM. All proceeds from the event will go to Doctors Without Borders which provides lifesaving medical and humanitarian care across the globe. Summer Games Done Quick 2020 is set to run from now until August 23 and will be livestreamed on Twitch.
3. Ubisoft Fires Assassin's Creed Director Ubisoft has fired Ashraf Ismail, the creative director for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Ismail stepped down from his position in June after allegations of sexual misconduct began to surface, but he remained with the company until now. Although Ubisoft didn’t go into details due to its “confidential” nature, the company explained their decision by saying, “Following an investigation by an external firm, it was determined that Ashraf’s employment with Ubisoft had to be terminated.” Following the investigation, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot committed to a “structural shift” in the company but denied any accountability, implying that he too was a “victim” because his trust was betrayed.
4. Fallout: New Vegas Revoice Project Fallout: New Vegas modders have finally completed “Brave New World,” one of the most ambitious modding projects in gaming history. A collaborative project with over 30,000 contributors, Brave New World took over 4 years to finish and features a full revoicing of Fallout: New Vegas. In total, the project has completely overhauled nearly 150 NPCs but has left alone characters with “exceptional acting” such as Caesar and Doc Mitchell. You can check out the reveal for the Brave New World mod below.
5. Batman Treasure Hunt? WB Games Montreal is sending fans on a treasure hunt. The studio has begun teasing what many expect to be the next mainline Batman game, but WB Games Montreal isn’t making things easy. In order to access the teasers and clues, fans will first have to crack a series of codes on WB’s new “r3dakt3d” website. It’s unclear if there will be any prizes for solving the puzzle, but one thing is certain: big news is on the horizon. https://r3dakt3d.com/