The Daily Moot: Free Games and PS ExclusivesNews Picks
1. Marvel’s Avengers PS Exclusives
Marvel’s Avengers will apparently be getting even more PlayStation exclusives. Just days after the announcement that Spider-Man will be released as a free DLC character exclusive to PlayStation, it seems there is even more good news for Sony fans. Whenever a new hero gets released in Marvel’s Avengers, all PlayStation players will get “a month of exclusive access to an outfit, emote, takedown and nameplate,” with PS Plus subscribers getting even more benefits on top of that. Marvel’s Avengers is set to launch on September 7.
2. Epic Freebies Another week of freebies from Epic Games is here. This week’s free games are 3 Out of 10 and Wilmot’s Warehouse. You can grab your free copies of these games directly from the Epic Games Store from now until August 13. As long as you claim the games by August 13, they will stay in your library forever.
3. Reckful Added to WoW Blizzard has added Reckful to World of Warcraft in order to pay respects to the late streamer. Reckful, who initially rose to prominence with his high-level Rogue play, will now live on as a Rogue Trainer NPC who you can talk to in World of Warcraft’s Cathedral of Light. Although Blizzard has been in their fair share of hot water recently, this is certainly a very welcome gesture from the company.
4. Mortal Shell Mortal Shell finally has an official release date. The upcoming action-RPG got more than 5 million views on Twitch during its brief closed beta last month and players have been eager for more information about the game’s launch ever since. We now know that Mortal Shell will be arriving very soon on August 18 and that it will be available on PS4 and Xbox One, and on PC as an Epic Games Store exclusive. You can check out the all-new release date trailer for Mortal Shell below.
5. FIFA Goal Celebrations Removed EA has removed some of their goal celebrations from the upcoming FIFA 21. The “Shush” and “A-Ok” celebrations have both been permanently removed from the game due to their usage in “toxic behaviors.” For example, the Shush celebration could be used to waste time and stall the game by spamming the emote. FIFA 21 is set to launch on October 9; you can check out the newly released gameplay trailer for the game below.