Team Moot verified Admin
Aug 4, 2020, 06:53 AM 652 read

The Daily Moot: Rainbow Six Siege: MUTE Protocol

News Picks

1. Rainbow Six Siege: Mute Protocol

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Rainbow Six Siege: MUTE Protocol image 2

Rainbow Six Siege is getting an all-new limited time event called Mute Protocol. Taking place on a reskinned version of Tower, Mute Protocol features a cyberpunk version of Siege with a showdown between attacking hackers and teleporting cyber defenders. There will be 41 different operators to choose from in the game mode, with the rest being excluded for “gameplay reasons.” Rainbow Six Siege: Mute Protocol is set to kick off tomorrow and will last until August 17; you can check out the trailer for the event below.

2. Valorant Act 2   Riot Games has announced Valorant Act 2, a massive update which will bring a host of welcome changes to the game. The most notable improvement will undoubtedly be the addition of the new Deathmatch game mode, a 10-player free-for-all showdown with infinite money and no abilities. Deathmatch should provide the perfect opportunity for players to test out new guns and refine their aiming skills without having to worry about objectives or respawn times. Act 2 will also introduce a new agent, battle pass, and skin line to the game, so there’s plenty to look forward to even if Deathmatch doesn’t interest you. Valorant Act 2 is set to kick off tomorrow, with its Deathmatch mode arriving one day later on August 5.

3. Sony State of Play   Sony has announced their next State of Play showcase. Before you get your hopes up, Sony has already confirmed that there will be “no big PS5 announcements” during the showcase. Instead the event will focus strictly on games, with a particular emphasis on third-party and indie titles. Sony’s State of Play event is expected to last about 40 minutes and will take place on August 6 at 1pm PT.

4. Monster Crown   Monster Crown has now entered early access. The game, which was crowdfunded in 2018 via Kickstarter, is best described as a cross between Pokemon and Dragon Quest Monsters but with a darker, more mature story than its muses. The early access version contains about one-third of the content planned for the finished version of the game, which the developers expect will take “anywhere from 6 to 12 months” to complete. Monster Crown early access is available on Steam now; you can check out the trailer for the game below.

5. Marvel’s Avengers Spider-Man   Spider-Man has been confirmed for the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers. Unfortunately for Xbox fans however, Spider-Man will only be released as a PlayStation exclusive. Although Spider-Man won’t be available when Marvel’s Avengers first launches, Sony will be giving the character away for free to all PlayStation users who own the base game via a future DLC. While this is certainly a sting for Xbox players, PlayStation fans will no doubt rejoice about getting such a highly desired character completely free of charge.

Comment 19

• Just Nathan LV.35 Master Aug 4, 2020, 06:54 AM

I Can't wait to teleport in a drone or camera...

• GooMoo LV.12 Chief Aug 4, 2020, 08:58 PM

I think I can speak for alot of people when I say that this kind of exclusivity is not good.
    Exclusive games are good but making characters only be available to certain consoles is just a bad move.

I hope this kind of thing dosent become common place.

• stolen_innocence LV.24 Clearly Hacking Aug 5, 2020, 02:37 AM

It already is

• ♡♤nTox the Son♧◇ LV.21 OPFOR Aug 4, 2020, 06:54 AM

I cannot wait!!!!!

• ncls. LV.11 PlayStation Aug 4, 2020, 06:55 AM

Guess who can't play it because he won't be home that whole time? Me! Guess who thinks that this is finally a cool game mode again after a lot of shitty ones? Me!

• VeryBerryMan LV.22 The Best Aug 4, 2020, 07:00 AM

RainboWo was cool, but wild west wasnt

• ncls. LV.11 PlayStation Aug 4, 2020, 07:03 AM

Rainbow is Magic was the best mode ever

• tundra LV.14 Carry Me Aug 4, 2020, 07:09 AM

Outbreak better

• ncls. LV.11 PlayStation Aug 4, 2020, 07:10 AM

Well, Outbreak was also cool but in my opinion Rainbow is Magic was just sooo much fun

• gatorboy45 verified LV.40 Diamond Master Aug 4, 2020, 06:57 AM

Very nice 😎👊

• NameLessツ LV.26 I Love Food Aug 4, 2020, 06:57 AM

I’ve seen the trailer to the R6S event and it looks amazing! 🤩

• HAD3S DC LV.29 Big Chungus Aug 4, 2020, 10:32 AM

THERE IS NO WAY IT IS PS4 ONLY

• wavy_boii43 LV.17 PlayStation Aug 4, 2020, 08:05 PM

Yeah it is because Sony has the rights to Spider-Man

• HAD3S DC LV.29 Big Chungus Aug 4, 2020, 08:06 PM

no I meant r6 event

• wavy_boii43 LV.17 PlayStation Aug 4, 2020, 08:06 PM

Oh then no it’s for everyone