The Daily Moot: Fortnite Diplo Collaboration EndsNews Picks
1. Fortnite Diplo Higher Ground
Today marks the final day of Diplo’s collaboration with Fortnite. Diplo has served as Fortnite’s resident DJ for the past few months, and he finished off his tenure with today’s “Higher Ground” concert which Epic describes as a “deep house musical show featuring trance-inducing, sophisticated beats.” The event also introduced plenty of new concert-themed cosmetics, including new skins which change color in response to music. Epic will be holding a rerun of the concert on August 3 and the cosmetic goodies will be available until August 1.
2. Halo Infinite F2P Multiplayer More news has been released about the upcoming Halo Infinite. Most notably, Halo Infinite’s online multiplayer mode will apparently be free to play. Although nothing has been confirmed, it seems that this offer will extend not only to Xbox Series X players, but PC and Xbox One players as well. The sources also state that the game will be able to achieve 120 FPS on the Xbox Series X which should definitely be a welcome improvement over the standard 30 to 60 FPS gameplay of the Xbox One. Halo Infinite is set to launch this holiday season.
3. Epic Games Store Achievements The Epic Games Store has finally received some much-needed improvements. Game achievements, by far one of the most widely requested features from users, will finally be making their way to the storefront. The new system will allow users to track and display their achievements and is already rolling out for some games. Epic has also started to add mod support to certain games, which should finally pave the way for players to enjoy more mod-heavy titles on the platform. https://www.ign.com/articles/epic-games-store-finally-gets-achievements-and-mod-support
4. Star Wars: Squadrons News EA has revealed some promising new information about the upcoming Star Wars: Squadrons. The fantasy spacecraft dogfighting game will only cost $40 instead of the expected $60 or even $70 asking price. EA explained the decision by saying Squadrons doesn’t have a huge scale and is entirely focused on providing “access to as many people as possible who had that Star Wars fantasy to fly an X-Wing fighter or TIE Fighter, and be in a dogfight.” They also mentioned that the game won’t have any microtransactions despite the low price, and that the game will come included with plenty of cosmetic options for free. https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-squadrons-is-dollar40-because-it-doesnt-have-the-breadth-of-bigger-ea-games/
5. New Battletoads Game A new Battletoads game is on the way. Battletoads is easily one of the most legendary games of all time but it’s been over 25 years since ,the last edition came out. More info about the upcoming Battletoads will likely be revealed in the near future, but the game does appear to be a Microsoft exclusive as only PC and Xbox One versions have been confirmed so far. The new Battletoads is expected to launch on August 20; check out the official trailer below.