The Daily Moot (12/11/18)News Picks
1. The Infinity Blade is now Live in Fortnite
Well, that was fast. Yesterday we talked about the sword that would be coming to Fortnite and today we are happy to tell you the Infinity Blade is now in the game. The Infinity Blade is similar to Thanos’s Gauntlet from the Marvel crossover event; only one spawns per game, at the top of Polar Peak, and whoever wields it will receive some buffs. When holding the Infinity Blade players will drop all their items, gain extra health and shields, and receive a movement speed buff. Sounds pretty neat, huh? Have you all had a chance to try the Infinity Blade yet? What do you think?
2. Black Ops 4’s First Premium DLC Leaked The first multiplayer map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 apparently leaked last night, as some players in Australia noticed they were able to download and play two new multiplayer maps. Some of these players even posted footage of the new maps, Madagascar and Elevation, to YouTube. Players were even able to access the new zombies mode called Dead of the Night. Treyarch has said they will release an official trailer of the new DLC some time today. Also, some seasonal changes went live in the game’s Blackout mode yesterday.
3. Pirate MMO ‘Atlas’ Delayed until Next Week Atlas is a pirate-themed MMO that was supposed to release to Steam Early Access this week. Now, the game has been delayed until at least next week. Atlas is a massive virtual world that will enable you to rule over your own island, engage in multiplayer ship battles, and explore hundreds of other islands all in one online server. On paper, the game sounds like a dream. In practice? We’ll have to wait and see. Atlas will launch on December 19th if there are no further delays.
4. Fallout 76 Patch Introduces some Requested Features Fallout 76 has had a bit of a bumpy launch, to say the least. But today’s patch looks to be a step in the right direction without any immediately glaring mistakes from Bethesda. The new patch lets players use push-to-talk for voice chat, with Caps Lock being the default keybind. There are also now sliders to adjust your Field of View and Depth of Field. Finally, the patch implemented support for ultrawidescreen displays. Are you still playing Fallout 76? Is it worth it? Let us know!
5. GTA Online gets Arena War Update A new update to GTA Online has introduced Arena War, which allows players to battle with custom vehicles inside the Maze Bank Arena. Arena War comes with 7 new game modes including deathmatch, capture the flag, and races. You can purchase the Arena Workshop which will allow you to customize your vehicles so you’re more equipped for the vehicular carnage that awaits you. It looks like Rockstar is still committed to GTA Online despite recently releasing Red Dead Redemption 2, which is nice. As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts on the new update for GTA Online!
================ As is tradition, a new week means a new caption contest! Click below to comment your entry and have a chance to win up to 500 FREE MOOT COINS! Good luck!