Team Moot verified Admin
Jul 23, 2020, 05:48 AM 840 read

The Daily Moot: Xbox Games Showcase

News Picks

1. Xbox Games Showcase

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Xbox Games Showcase image 2

The Xbox Games Showcase is almost here, ready to provide us with the world’s first look at many of the upcoming Xbox Series X games. Microsoft has promised that the showcase will focus exclusively on the games themselves, so aside from gameplay footage showing off the capabilities of the Xbox Series X, don’t plan on the event revealing too much new information about the console itself. While several of the games will likely be surprise announcements, Microsoft has confirmed that Halo: Infinite will be making an appearance. Microsoft is also holding the Xbox Summer Game Fest which enables players to demo over 70 unreleased Xbox One games from now until July 27. The Xbox Games Showcase is set to kick off tomorrow at 9am Pacific Time.

2. Ubisoft Next-Gen Pricing   Ubisoft has revealed some promising news about their next-gen game pricing. All of Ubisoft’s 2020 game releases on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, including Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs: Legion, will maintain their $60 price tag. Considering that many next-gen games from other publishers have already committed to a $70 price tag, this is great news for Ubisoft fans who are planning to upgrade to a PS5 or Xbox Series X. It sounds like Ubisoft might raise prices in the future, but promised that “for Christmas releases, games will launch at $60.”

3. Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time   Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time now has an official release date. Battle Through Time is an action-platformer hack-and-slash game published by Adult Swim and based on the popular noughties cartoon Samurai Jack. Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time is set to launch on August 21; you can check out the release date trailer for the game below.

4. Star Wars: The Old Republic on Steam   Nearly a decade after its initial release, Star Wars: The Old Republic is now on Steam. The hugely ambitious MMO was originally confined to EA’s Origin Store as EA attempted to use the game’s popularity to bring more users to Origin. The Steam version of The Old Republic is free to play for the core game, but additional content, cosmetics, and expansions can be unlocked via an optional subscription.

5. Yakuza: Like a Dragon   Yakuza: Like a Dragon now has an official release date. The seventh installment in the Yakuza series, Like a Dragon will feature some significant changes to the previous games, including the implementation of turn-based RPG-style combat. Sega also confirmed that Like a Dragon would be getting an English dub version which will include voice acting by major stars such as George Takei. Yakuza: Like a Dragon is available for pre-order now and is set to launch on November 13; check out the trailer below.

Comment 30

• Just Nathan LV.35 Clearly Hacking Jul 23, 2020, 05:48 AM

• Vinnik the slutter^^ verified LV.33 Dream Chaser Jul 25, 2020, 04:39 AM

why did i waste my time waiting for the image to load if i already knew what its going to be

• McSmigglesworth LV.30 Wizard Jul 24, 2020, 12:39 AM

Y’all hear anything about Microsoft dropping the live subscription service?

• Dukegonzo1331 LV.10 Team Rocket Jul 24, 2020, 01:15 AM

Heard about that. Could be a good thing for all gamers. Gonna assume they'll push the game pass stuff more.

• NameLessツ LV.28 I Love Food Jul 23, 2020, 07:09 AM

I only read the first line of the Xbox games showcase and that’s all I need

• Gob LV.20 Genius Jul 23, 2020, 08:07 AM

• YTBloodRed Gaming LV.14 Elite Four Jul 23, 2020, 08:22 AM

hi

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Jul 23, 2020, 09:01 AM

Xbox games showcase, more like inferior E3

• Werhakon LV.24 RIP Jul 23, 2020, 09:28 AM

oooh yakuzaaaaa

• Spermy Dee LV.14 Parasite Jul 23, 2020, 10:40 AM

Oooohhh

• DaPi LV.32 Haunted Jul 23, 2020, 10:48 AM

Last time I checked SWTOR was accessible through the internet for download...

• LustYT LV.9 Sweaty Jul 23, 2020, 11:23 AM

Cool

• StaleCrust LV.12 Let’s play Destiny! Jul 23, 2020, 11:28 PM

G

• StaleCrust LV.12 Let’s play Destiny! Jul 23, 2020, 11:29 PM

Y

• Waldir LV.4 Lurker Jul 24, 2020, 12:07 AM

Lit

• Likeabeast40 LV.11 Chief Jul 24, 2020, 12:31 AM

Yes

• Dukegonzo1331 LV.10 Team Rocket Jul 24, 2020, 01:14 AM

Who else is hyped for Fable news knowing full well we'll be disappointed.

Home