Team Moot verified Admin
Jul 22, 2020, 05:58 AM 5,087 read

The Daily Moot: Rocket League Going Free-to-Play

News Picks

1. Rocket League is Going Free-to-Play

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Rocket League Going Free-to-Play image 2

Rocket League will soon be free for all players. The popular car-meets-soccer game just hit its 5th birthday and in celebration, developer Psyonix has decided to make the game completely free to play. If you already own Rocket League, you’ll be getting over 200 items as a thank you for purchasing the game prior to the conversion. For PC players, Rocket League will also be moving to the Epic Games Store with the switch, but players who already own the Steam version will be able to continue playing it on Steam. Psyonix hasn’t announced the date of the switch yet, but it’s expected that Rocket League will be going free-to-play sometime this summer.

2. Warzone Trains   It looks like Call of Duty: Warzone will soon be getting trains. In a cryptic teaser for the upcoming season of Warzone, Infinity Ward appears to be hinting that they will be adding locomotives to Verdansk in season 5. The cryptic image also seems to suggest that the start date of season 5 will be August 5, although Infinity Ward hasn’t made any official statement regarding the matter. Regardless, it’s safe to say that some pretty big changes will be hitting Warzone in the very near future.

3. Risk of Rain 2 Release Date   Risk of Rain 2 now has an official release date. The acclaimed third-person roguelike shooter, which has been available in early access for over a year now, will finally be getting its full release. The official launch will introduce plenty of new content via the appropriately named “Launch Update” and the cost of the game will be going up from $20 to $25 to reflect the game’s new status. Risk of Rain 2 is set for its official launch on August 11.

4. FF7 Remake Part 2   Final Fantasy Remake Part 2 is officially in development. Game director Tetsuya Nomura has announced that the team is seeking to deliver the game “as soon as possible” and is now devoting their full attention to the project. Not only is the team trying to get the project done quickly, Nomura also said they “hope to make the next installment even better in quality that can make for an even better experience.” It is expected that more details about Final Fantasy Remake 7 Part 2 will be revealed in the near future.

5. Temtem: Kisiwa Island   Temtem just got a huge new update called Kisiwa Island. The Pokemon-like monster battler MMO continues to expand as it works through its early access roadmap. The Kisiwa Island update introduces a new explorable island complete with 23 new Temtem and unique story missions. You can check out the trailer for Temtem: Kisiwa Island below.

Comment 98

• Fiercekratos69 LV.6 Apex > Fortnite Jul 22, 2020, 11:23 AM

on PS4 or just pc

• Jayytheclown LV.15 I'm a Bot Jul 22, 2020, 11:30 AM

smurf in coming

• ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ LV.19 Walked the Plank Jul 22, 2020, 11:34 AM

already snapped my rocket league disc in half from getting murdered by AI so i think I'll pass

• PGC Jedi LV.13 Monster Jul 22, 2020, 11:44 AM

Cooiool

• Punch | Your Brother LV.4 Gingerbread Man Jul 22, 2020, 12:31 PM

yay!

• Vickyvictory27 LV.2 Lurker Jul 22, 2020, 01:10 PM

wow

• JT_KingClaw LV.4 Lurker Jul 22, 2020, 01:22 PM

wassup

• XxOG HeavenlyX LV.12 Looking for teammates! Jul 22, 2020, 01:38 PM

G

• Tinoplayzz55 LV.14 Professional Noob Jul 22, 2020, 02:16 PM

do n-switch players still get the mario and Luigi cars?

• ZJAY LV.17 Rare Candy Jul 22, 2020, 04:07 PM

wow

• Rolling Nuggie Light LV.24 Let’s play R6! Jul 22, 2020, 05:12 PM

I have rl on switch so they'll give items for who has already got

• Rolling Nuggie Light LV.24 Let’s play R6! Jul 22, 2020, 05:16 PM

I think the 200 items are like stupid toppers and other shits

• HAD3S DC LV.31 Legend Jul 22, 2020, 05:29 PM

I check the news section on rocket League: it says it will be going free to play.
    me: I want my money back.

• Gussen06 LV.17 Looking for teammates! Jul 22, 2020, 06:08 PM

Imma get rocket league directly when its free

• Harrisonp007 LV.14 Chief Jul 22, 2020, 06:21 PM

I’ve been meaning to buy the game for ages now I just have to wait and I don’t need to

Home