Team Moot verified Admin
Jul 15, 2020, 04:41 AM 2,726 read

The Daily Moot: Xbox Series X Velocity Architecture

News Picks

1. Xbox Series X Velocity Architecture

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Xbox Series X Velocity Architecture image 2

Jason Ronald, the Director of Program Management for the Xbox Series X, just revealed new information about the console's “Velocity Architecture” design. Ronald described the feature by saying, “If our custom designed processor is at the heart of the Xbox Series X, the Xbox Velocity Architecture is the soul.” Specifically, Velocity Architecture is supposed to drastically improve loading times and can theoretically enable the Xbox Series X to achieve performance results beyond its expected hardware capabilities. According to Ronald, this should result in “the virtual elimination of loading times” and will enable developers to create “larger, more dynamic living worlds.”

2. Overwatch: Sigma’s Maestro   A new Overwatch event kicks off today. Called Sigma’s Maestro Challenge, the event provides players the opportunity to earn a variety of rewards, including a new legendary skin, by completing specific challenges. In order to maximize rewards and claim the legendary skin, players will have to secure 9 wins in Quick Play, Competitive, or Arcade. There are also 6 new sprays available, which can be claimed by watching Overwatch streamers on Twitch.

3. PUBG Sanhok Remastered   PUBG’s jungle map Sanhok will soon be getting a new look. As part of Season 8, Sanhok will be remastered to make the environment “more overgrown and dangerous.” The changes will both overhaul existing locations, such as Boot Camp and Quarry, as well as introduce entirely new locations. If you want to explore the overhauled map and work towards becoming king of the jungle, the remastered Sanhok is expected to be playable on the PUBG test servers starting tomorrow. PUBG Season 8 is set to begin on July 22.

4. Hearthstone Scholomance Academy   A new Hearthstone expansion is on the way. Called Scholomance Academy, the expansion is heavily magic themed and will inject 135 new cards into the game. Scholomance Academy will also be introducing a new mechanic to the game via dual-class cards which will allow you to take advantage of abilities unavailable to your own class. For example, a Mage could use Devolve and Combo mechanics and a Rogue could use Mage spells. Scholomance Academy is set to arrive in August; you can check out the cinematic trailer for the expansion below.

5. Hyper Scape Australian Servers   The Hyper Scape open beta just began earlier this week, but Ubisoft is already making improvements. In response to player feedback, Ubisoft has now implemented Australian servers for the game. This should drastically improve match quality and reduce latency for Oceanic players who will be automatically connected to the new Australian server. Although this change will have little impact on the vast majority of the playerbase, it’s still nice to see Ubisoft’s commitment to the battle royale and their willingness to listen to player feedback.

Comment 39

• Just Nathan LV.35 Clearly Hacking Jul 15, 2020, 04:43 AM

• Ordaniry_gamer LV.23 Sharpshooter Jul 15, 2020, 07:44 AM

First off, congrats to anyone getting the Xbox X it really seems like it gonna be a great console personally I enjoy PS better so I'll just stick with them. Second, finally a sigma skin I can actually enjoy all the other skins are good but they have flaws unlike this new one which seems to be the best and I'm so excited for Hearthstone I just started playing a while back but it's so much fun and to know such a change is coming is extremely exciting

• Joppy Yamazaki LV.14 Big Chungus Jul 15, 2020, 11:32 AM

you know, I really like seeing positive ass comments like this

• MerK LV.29 Legend Jul 15, 2020, 04:50 PM

holy shit, someone acknowledging the existence of a console they dont use and not being a toxic mess about it, this is unheard of.

• DaPi LV.32 Haunted Jul 15, 2020, 06:22 AM

The Xbox thing just sounds like a fancy word for M.2 SSD

• Sumisu LV.17 Sweaty Jul 15, 2020, 07:29 AM

• VRolook LV.25 Happy 2020! Jul 15, 2020, 07:29 AM

woah

• Kineticapple37 LV.7 Professional Noob Jul 15, 2020, 07:41 AM

• FireWizard597 LV.17 Wizard Jul 15, 2020, 07:27 AM

How can i become a beta tester for xbox series x

• This review has been deleted.

• </_Wasabi_\> LV.28 Try Hard Jul 15, 2020, 08:51 AM

As a ps fan I can assure yes we do

• MerK LV.29 Legend Jul 15, 2020, 04:51 PM

what did he say?

• </_Wasabi_\> LV.28 Try Hard Jul 15, 2020, 10:56 PM

Oh he said nobody has ever cared about Xbox and I mean I’m always checking to see the competition so technically I care 😂

• XxDodgy LV.19 Professional Noob Jul 15, 2020, 04:49 AM

naicu

• GR_Adam LV.14 Let’s play R6! Jul 15, 2020, 05:33 AM

hi

• Good_guy_dom LV.7 Let’s play R6! Jul 15, 2020, 05:38 AM

Mf t

• Just_Call_Me_AJ LV.7 Monster Jul 15, 2020, 05:54 AM

hi

• gamer789215529 LV.5 Lurker Jul 15, 2020, 05:56 AM

dol÷

• gamer789215529 LV.5 Lurker Jul 15, 2020, 05:56 AM

rd