The Daily Moot (12/5/18)
1. Fortnite Creative Coming with Season 7
With the launch of Fortnite’s seventh season you will be able to start customizing your own private island. According to the announcement post you will be able to “design games, race around the island, battle your friends in new ways, and build your dream Fortnite.” Everything you make will be saved for future use, which is sweet. Creative will actually only be available to Battle Pass owners during the first week of the season, but after that everyone will gain access. What do you guys think? Cool or drool?
2. Fallout 76 In-Game Events will Start Next Year Bethesda confirmed we won’t be seeing live in-game events in Fallout 76 until early next year. According to the announcement, Bethesda said these events will take place over the course of a week, will be different every time, and “will often provide a small buff or create an interesting twist on normal gameplay.” Plenty of games are testing the weekly in-game events model to keep their userbase engaged over the long-term; we’ll have to wait and see how well Bethesda can pull it off in Fallout 76.
3. ‘Tony Hawk’s Skate Jam’ Releases on Mobile Next Week If you’re looking for a new mobile game to play, Tony Hawk’s Skate Jam may be just that. This new skateboarding game is free to play and comes to mobile devices next week. The game follows the class Tony Hawk formula: skate through over 15 different parks, pull off wicked tricks, and set high scores. Tony Hawk games of old were fan favorites, but recent editions have been a bit disappointing. Hopefully the new title can live up to the legacy of the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater games.
4. PUBG Players on PC Receive a Gift for the Holidays PC players who log into PUBG during December’s event will receive a Festive Beanie and a Red Nose so their character can get into the mood of the season. You can wear these items for all of December, at which point they will disappear from your inventory unless you earn the right to keep them. How do you earn these items permanently, you wonder? Well, all you need to do is place in the top 10 of any map or non-custom game mode ten times during the event. Good luck!
5. Ubisoft Teases a new Far Cry Game Ubisoft released a teaser video ahead of their presentation at The Game Awards tomorrow that seems to tease a new Far Cry game. The video shows a landscape strikingly similar to the environment of Far Cry 5 before a nuclear blast goes off. The video ends with the caption “Tune in for the worldwide reveal of the next Far Cry” which pretty directly states this is a teaser for a new game, not a DLC or expansion or any of that nonsense. Well, guess we will just have to wait and see!
================ Don't forget to enter the Moot Caption Contest! Five lucky winners will receive Moot Coins, with the first place winner receiving 500 Moot Coins. Click below to enter. Good luck!
================ ATTENTION EVERYONE! A Double Coin event is now live on Moot! This is not a drill!!! This is your best opportunity to earn Moot Coins to buy all of the sweet holiday items we will have in the shop during this holiday season. Check out the post below to learn more!