Team Moot verified Admin
Jul 8, 2020, 04:17 AM 2,220 read

The Daily Moot: Microsoft Buying Warner Bros. Interactive?

News Picks

1. Microsoft Looking to Buy Warner Bros. Interactive

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Microsoft Buying Warner Bros. Interactive? image 2

Microsoft is apparently looking to buy Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The massive studio was announced as “available for purchase” by its current owner AT&T, with AT&T allegedly seeking $4B for the sale. Warner Bros. Interactive includes several big name studios such as NetherRealm, Monolith, Avalanche, and Rocksteady. If Microsoft is able to close on the deal, this could mean that many prominent IPs such as Mortal Kombat, Batman, Lego, and Harry Potter could potentially become Xbox/Microsoft exclusive games in the future.

2. Gamescom 2020   Gamescom 2020 is officially happening. After the physical event was cancelled back in April, organizers promised a digital replacement but had been silent until now. Gamescom 2020 will be entirely online but will still feature some of the convention’s most notable aspects including the Gamescom Awards and cosplay competitions. Gamescom 2020 is set to kick off on August 27 and will run through August 30.

3. Mafia: Definitive Edition Delayed   Mafia: Definitive Edition has been delayed. It appears that the delay is the result of development complications due to the Covid-19 pandemic. In a joint statement by developer Hangar 13 and publisher 2K Games, the team explained, “This has been a passion project for us...and the last thing we want to do is compromise the quality of the experience.” Mafia: Definitive Edition, which was originally slated for August 28, is now expected to launch on September 25.

4. Halo 3 on PC   Halo 3 is finally coming to PC. More than 13 years since the game first launched on the Xbox 360, Microsoft’s PC players will now get their chance to relive the saga and attempt to save the universe from the Covenant and Flood. While the Master Chief Collection is already available for purchase on Steam, the Microsoft Store, and Xbox Game Pass for PC, the Halo 3 port will officially launch on July 14. Halo: Infinite, the next game in the series, is expected to be revealed during the Xbox Games Showcase later this month on July 23.

5. League of Legends Lillia Trailer   League of Legends will soon be getting a new champion. Named Lillia, the “Bashful Bloom,” the new champion is a half-human half-fawn and resembles that of a centaur. Lillia is expected to be a tank-mage whose abilities harness the power of nature. You can check out the Lillia Champion Teaser cinematic trailer below.

Comment 58

• Dead Shot 3172 LV.2 Lurker Jul 8, 2020, 09:37 AM

that's crazy

• Zuna LV.20 Wolf Jul 8, 2020, 12:58 PM

at Point i dont Like Microsoft. their console isnt Something what I enjoy. even the specs, compared to the ps5, are pretty low.

but, what one has to say: because of the competition under companies we get better consoles, more Amazing Games that try to Beat the competition and thus we, as a consumer, Profit greatly

people shall Play what they enjoy and on which console. I myself go for ps5

And rip to all with Bad Internet who Cant watch the Gamescom online days. Its sad that in so many, even Big countries Like Germany, the Internet expansion is so f*cking bad. I feel you guys

• BigBadBro LV.14 Professional Noob Jul 8, 2020, 03:33 PM

huh? you should check your sources. pretty sure Xbox series X Versus PS 5 console specs alone won by Xbox.

• Zuna LV.20 Wolf Jul 8, 2020, 03:41 PM

ive re-checked. the specs are mostly Close to each other. the SSD of the xbox though seems to be unable to process all Data as it is a source-relying one. and the teraflops on Xbox are Higher, which doesnt really mean it makes it better

so yeah, specs wise, the xbox diddnt win "clearly"

We have to wait for actual Release and how they perform

• BigBadBro LV.14 Professional Noob Jul 8, 2020, 04:30 PM

yup. specs on paper not always translate to real application. got to wait for actual release. options of game available on the platform is the main attraction though, at least for me.

• Zuna LV.20 Wolf Jul 8, 2020, 05:45 PM

exactly. All i Wish is Crossplay anyway. all the Fighting about consoles is tiring

• V31LSH0GUN LV.1 Mootie Jul 8, 2020, 01:58 PM

Lol

• Katrina Trice LV.16 Sage Jul 8, 2020, 02:07 PM

• TTV_ragemage248 PSN LV.4 Lurker Jul 8, 2020, 05:15 PM

At least Warner bros didn't make EXCLUSIVE games. 😢

• Nallebjörn LV.2 Lurker Jul 8, 2020, 08:14 PM

Rip batman movies

• GooMoo LV.12 Chief Jul 8, 2020, 11:07 PM

Ok, this is cool

• NO NAME verified Jul 10, 2020, 12:13 AM

Wow lol

• NO NAME verified Jul 10, 2020, 12:14 AM