The Daily Moot: Microsoft Buying Warner Bros. Interactive?News Picks
1. Microsoft Looking to Buy Warner Bros. Interactive
Microsoft is apparently looking to buy Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The massive studio was announced as “available for purchase” by its current owner AT&T, with AT&T allegedly seeking $4B for the sale. Warner Bros. Interactive includes several big name studios such as NetherRealm, Monolith, Avalanche, and Rocksteady. If Microsoft is able to close on the deal, this could mean that many prominent IPs such as Mortal Kombat, Batman, Lego, and Harry Potter could potentially become Xbox/Microsoft exclusive games in the future.
2. Gamescom 2020 Gamescom 2020 is officially happening. After the physical event was cancelled back in April, organizers promised a digital replacement but had been silent until now. Gamescom 2020 will be entirely online but will still feature some of the convention’s most notable aspects including the Gamescom Awards and cosplay competitions. Gamescom 2020 is set to kick off on August 27 and will run through August 30.
3. Mafia: Definitive Edition Delayed Mafia: Definitive Edition has been delayed. It appears that the delay is the result of development complications due to the Covid-19 pandemic. In a joint statement by developer Hangar 13 and publisher 2K Games, the team explained, “This has been a passion project for us...and the last thing we want to do is compromise the quality of the experience.” Mafia: Definitive Edition, which was originally slated for August 28, is now expected to launch on September 25.
4. Halo 3 on PC Halo 3 is finally coming to PC. More than 13 years since the game first launched on the Xbox 360, Microsoft’s PC players will now get their chance to relive the saga and attempt to save the universe from the Covenant and Flood. While the Master Chief Collection is already available for purchase on Steam, the Microsoft Store, and Xbox Game Pass for PC, the Halo 3 port will officially launch on July 14. Halo: Infinite, the next game in the series, is expected to be revealed during the Xbox Games Showcase later this month on July 23.
5. League of Legends Lillia Trailer League of Legends will soon be getting a new champion. Named Lillia, the “Bashful Bloom,” the new champion is a half-human half-fawn and resembles that of a centaur. Lillia is expected to be a tank-mage whose abilities harness the power of nature. You can check out the Lillia Champion Teaser cinematic trailer below.