The Daily Moot (4/16/18)
**Notice** A new lounge is open on Moot for the highly anticipated God of War game releasing this week:
The #FortniteIRL event is now over, thank you all for your submissions! Please read the following update regarding the winners:
1. Sea of Thieves Will Receive New Content Starting in May
Just a few days ago, the Sea of Thieves development team finally announced plans for the new content the game so desperately needs. The first content update is called The Hungering Deep and will release in May. The Hungering Deep will introduce ‘a new AI threat to the world’ for players to battle against. There will also be new mechanics and unique rewards for players to unlock. After The Hungering Deep, Sea of Thieves will start to see weekly updates with new events, mechanics, and rewards. Two more big content updates are slated to release later in the summer, called Cursed Sails and Forsaken Shores.
2. Dallas Fuel Fire Head Coach and Star DPS Rascal Last night it was announced that the Dallas Fuel fired their head coach ‘KyKy’ and star DPS player ‘Rascal.’ The Dallas Fuel were fan favorites coming into the first season of the Overwatch League, but quickly experienced a host of issues. While many of the Dallas Fuel’s issues revolved around recently removed tank player ‘XQC,’ the team has continued to struggle after his departure. The Dallas Fuel have been plagued by internal struggles, including poor communication due to language barriers. We’re hopeful they can get things sorted out and start competing for the top spots in the Overwatch League soon.
3. Kingdom Hearts 3 Will Feature Classic Mini-Games Square Enix revealed in a new trailer several 1980s-era mini games that will be playable in Kingdom Hearts 3. The trailer shows Sora using a handheld device to play four different games. The included games are The Barnyard Battle, The Carnival Kid, Giantland, and Musical Farmer. It is still unclear how to unlock these mini-games or if there will be any additional ones. Kingdom Hearts 3 will release later this year on both Xbox One and Playstation 4.
4. Unique FPS Brawler ‘Sky Noon’ Hosting Closed Beta This Week Sky Noon is a unique new game set to release later this year that has players battling each other on levels set high in the sky. Instead of using traditional weapons, players are equipped with weapons that shoot air bullets with the goal of knocking enemies off the map. To maneuver around, and save themselves, players are equipped with a trusty grappling hook. The closed beta for the game will launch this Thursday (4/19) and last through the weekend. Interested parties should check out the game’s official discord server to enter the beta key giveaway. A link to the discord is in the article below.
5. PUBG Creator Defends Red Zone, Tells Players to Get Better In a recent interview Brendan Greene, better known as PlayerUnknown, defending the red zone and called out those who are asking for it to be removed from the game. Many argue the red zone has no point, adds unnecessary randomness to the game, and is a serious health risk to players due to the loud nature of the bombings. Greene, however, argues that the red zone brings excitement to the game and only bad players die to it. The main purpose of the red zone, according to Greene, is to use the audio cover to move in on enemy positions.