Team Moot verified Admin
Nov 30, 2018, 04:52 AM 3,653 read

The Daily Moot (11/29/18)

News Picks

1. Fortnite Leak Suggests the end of Tilted Towers

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (11/29/18) image 2

Famous Fortnite leaker @FNLeaks tweeted earlier this week some game files they found that apparently suggest the end of Tilted Towers is near. We’ve heard this before so no one will blame you for being a bit skeptical, but this time the leak is at least partially convincing. We mean, one game file in the new update includes the text “DestroyTiltedTowers.” The theory suggests a robot army may bear down on Tilted Towers to destroy it. Do you think this will ever happen?

2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will Require a Day One Patch   Super Smashs Bros. Ultimate game director Masahiro Sakurai revealed yesterday that the game will require a day one patch to fix its game replay system. The day one patch will only be for those who purchase the physical copy of the game, as the digital download will be updated to include the fix automatically. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releases on December 7th for the Nintendo Switch.

3. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Update Adds post-level 50 Mastery System   Dedicated Assassin’s Creed Odyssey players will be happy to see they can now continue to progress their character after they hit level 50. A new patch introduced the option to spend ability points on stat bonuses from a new menu screen. The patch also introduces the option to fast travel to mythical creatures and allows PC players to set Alexios and Kassandra’s walking speed. The first DLC for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey comes out on December 4th.

4. Bethesda Embarrasses Themselves with Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition   Bethesda offered a Power Armor Edition of Fallout 76 that was supposed to come with, among other things, a Power Armor Helmet and a canvas bag to keep it in. The whole package cost $200 USD. When it shipped, purchasers found out the bag they received was actually made of nylon, not canvas. Bethesda has said the materials were too expensive to make the bag with canvas and they have no plans to fix things. They did grant players five dollars of in-game currency to compensate them, so there’s that.

5. Blizzard Reveals 2019 Esports Plan for Hearthstone   Blizzard revealed their plans for the next year of competitive Hearthstone which will partially restructure their game’s competitive scene. Blizzard is moving toward a three-tier system of competitive play. The first tier will consist of mostly online open qualifier tournaments. The next tier up will be live invitational tournaments. Finally, the highest level is called Premier Competition. We don’t know all the details about the highest level play yet, but we do know the whole system will include over $4 million USD in prizes.

==================== Don't forget to enter the Moot Caption Contest! Five lucky winners will receive Moot Coins, with the first place winner receiving 500 Moot Coins. Click below to enter. Good luck!

Comment 48

• TearOutMyEyes LV.5 Lurker Nov 30, 2018, 09:43 AM

Bethesda has become shameful. Their games are shells of their past selves, and Bethesda doesn't even care. They cast their old, true games out and brought in the casual players so they could make money off it. I get wanting money, but they could add a casual mode to their games or something. But even aside from that, this is false advertisement. The advertising said it was a canvas bag, they don't get to just give out something that is cheaper, because it wasn't what was advertised. They're gonna lose more money from this scandal than they would have had they just made the canvas bags. Not only that...to expensive? No. No it isn't. They fucking have millions of dollars. They made so much God damn money off Skyrim and they've kept making it every time they RELEASE THE EXACT SAME GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN. They aren't hurting for money, and this is ridiculous as fuck. Godd Howard has descended to Todd Coward.

• Rue verified Admin Nov 30, 2018, 09:44 AM

Well said! Their response to the whole ordeal (the email, if you've seen that) was pretty sickening too.

"Godd Howard has descended to Todd Coward."

best sentence of 2018

• TearOutMyEyes LV.5 Lurker Nov 30, 2018, 09:56 AM

I've not seen it. I tend to not get too deep into these kinds of drama. But it just upsets me. They used to be a passionate, driven company. But now they know how easy it is to work the money machine, and they've thrown that all away. We will never have anything as amazing as Morrowind, and it's all because of greed. They used to be my favorite company, but now they follow in EA's footsteps.

• Rue verified Admin Nov 30, 2018, 10:01 AM

EDIT: Not an email, it was a Tweet. Here:

https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta_/status/1067811196215148545

Enjoy.

Also, I do agree with most of what you said, though Skyrim was quite a piece for its time. Morrowind does not hold up well at all, but that's an opinion.

• TearOutMyEyes LV.5 Lurker Nov 30, 2018, 10:07 AM

I feel like Morrowind holds up, just because of how unique it is. And I prefer the old school hardcore RPG mechanics, personally. It had a completely unique world and the story was one of the best I've ever played through. Just amazing writing and design all around. And of the vanilla game is too dated for you, there are hundreds of mods that will update it to your standards, so there's a way for anyone to enjoy it. You can get better sounds and graphics, more basic gameplay, and whole new areas and stories. If you're a TES fan with a descent computer, there is honestly no excuse you can have for not giving it a fair shot.

Skyrim, on the other hand, just is too bland. THIS IS ALL MY OPINION, so don't get upset or feel attacked if you disagree. But I thought it was fun for a single playthrough. But it was totally uninspired and generic, and the story was really boring. They changed too much about the Dark Brotherhood, dragons were annoying to fight, dungeons all looked and felt exactly the same, enemy variation was low, the combat was far too simple and there were not any cool or unique spells. The unique weapons were underpowered and only good for novelty. The world itself is a chore to traverse without fast travel, especially when trying to find the path leading up to a mountain. To me, it just lacked any kind of depth or longevity. I saw everything and have no desire to return.

• Rue verified Admin Nov 30, 2018, 10:12 AM

When Morrowind first came out, I remember being almost overwhelming with its attention to detail in its mechanics. I must give it that! For anyone else that wants to try it that hasn't yet, definitely follow the advice of TearOutMyEyes in their reply above!

I 100% agree about the single-playthrough aspect, to a degree, for sure. I recently repurchased it for my Switch after not having played it for over 5 years or so and honestly it's been a charm. I agree with both of what you said about the dungeons and the dragons (lol). Unique spells were all endgame.

Lmao @ "trying to find a path leading up a mountain", I just stopped looking for paths and went straight and HOPED.

If you don't know already, we do have an Elder Scrolls Lounge, it doesn't move as fast as some other Lounges but it definitely deserves attention and a good discussion!

https://moot.us/lounges/43/

• TearOutMyEyes LV.5 Lurker Nov 30, 2018, 10:23 AM

Rue  I'm very new to this app, so I didn't know. But I'll be sure to go there! Thanks for the link! TES may be degrading in the qualities that made me love it. But it doesn't matter if they stop making good games or even games at all, it will always be my favorite fantasy universe. Always happy to talk about it!

• Rue verified Admin Nov 30, 2018, 10:25 AM

TearOutMyEyes  Welcome to Moot! If you ever have questions or need help feel free to shoot me a message anytime. TES won't die, we won't let it!

• TearOutMyEyes LV.5 Lurker Nov 30, 2018, 10:30 AM

Rue  Thanks, I'll be sure to do that. I used to be a member of the TES Amino, and that was fun while it lasted because there were some really cool artists on there. But after a while, everyone I respected abandoned it, and the place got full of people who didn't respect the lore and just wrote horribly generic or off the wall fanfics. I dunno. It just wasn't for me anymore. Maybe I can find some more true to the series people here!

• Rue verified Admin Nov 30, 2018, 10:34 AM

TearOutMyEyes  I hope you find that here, too. And, if it seems slow at times, you are always welcome to invite more users to our community!

• TearOutMyEyes LV.5 Lurker Nov 30, 2018, 10:37 AM

Rue  Of course! I've been suggesting it to friends. Even if they aren't into these kinds of things, I've been tell g them to find teammates here. I met someone cool the other day and we are trying to get a group together to start streaming or making YouTube videos! So that's exciting. We need a couple more people who are funny and not afraid to be extremely edgy and vulgar for the sake of comedy. Lol. But anyway, thanks for the follow, and it was nice chatting with you! I won't keep bothering you, but I'm sure I'll see you around here.

• Rue verified Admin Nov 30, 2018, 10:38 AM

TearOutMyEyes  It isn't a bother at all. I enjoy talking to everyone around these parts. Super happy to hear that feedback - there are Lounges for all sorts of games and we're always adding new ones, so if your pals like videogames, they'll like Moot! Cheers!

• NO NAME verified Nov 30, 2018, 09:40 AM

Nigga no, Is you dumb

• NO NAME verified Nov 30, 2018, 09:34 AM

The fortnite is just a phot shop of aim “lasering” the clock tower

• skell a ton LV.12 Default Savior Nov 30, 2018, 09:39 AM

We don't know what it's gonna look like

• NO NAME verified Nov 30, 2018, 09:37 AM

It’s always tilted towers, isn’t it? Lol

• NO NAME verified Nov 30, 2018, 09:38 AM

Get fucked tilted

• Rue verified Admin Nov 30, 2018, 09:43 AM

This sentence has quite a few meanings

• NO NAME verified Nov 30, 2018, 10:52 AM

How so

• NO NAME verified Dec 2, 2018, 10:35 PM

😂 haha rue! Out of everyone on this platform i knew it was gonna be you to say this😂

• Fortnitenerd77 LV.6 Try Hard Dec 2, 2018, 03:27 PM

Can you please put like possible spoiler alert at the beginning next time

• Dree2788 LV.7 GG Dec 3, 2018, 08:35 PM

Oh Yeah! I knew that! A.I.M. is destroying tilted towers.

• InvasiveWriter LV.13 Bandit Nov 30, 2018, 09:35 AM

Ooh

• Hi im lonely LV.2 Lurker Nov 30, 2018, 09:36 AM

The “destroytiltedtowers” was confirmed to be a test made by epic

• NO NAME verified Nov 30, 2018, 09:36 AM

No but the LGBTQS WILL

• Savageboy2670 LV.16 Happy New Year! Nov 30, 2018, 09:54 AM

That's not funny that's fucked up

• Jandypayanoju918 LV.1 Mootie Nov 30, 2018, 09:37 AM

Ok

• skell a ton LV.12 Default Savior Nov 30, 2018, 09:39 AM

Yesss. Can't wait