Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Jun 20, 2020, 03:34 AM 2,726 read

The Daily Moot: The Last of Us Part 2

News Picks

1. The Last of Us Part 2

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: The Last of Us Part 2 image 2

The Last of Us Part 2 is finally here. One of the most anticipated games of this generation, fans have been eagerly awaiting the launch of The Last of Us sequel ever since the first game came out in 2013. While The Last of Us Part 2 has received widespread acclaim from critics, it has been very polarizing among players; the game currently holds a 95 Metacritic score from critics but only a 3.4 from user reviews. Feel free to let everyone know what you think about the game in the comments down below, but please keep it spoiler-free.

2. Skate 4   The Skate evolution continues as EA just announced that a new Skate game is on the way. After frequent requests from fans for Skate 4, the development and publishing teams finally caved in, prompting creative director Cuz Parry to say, “We're back. We're doing it... You commented this into existence.” Parry repeatedly mentioned that the game is still in “very early” development and it will likely be a long while before Skate 4 actually sees the light of day. Still, this is undoubtedly great news for Skate fans who have now been waiting more than a decade since Skate 3 launched in 2010.

3. Crash Bandicoot 4   It appears that a new Crash Bandicoot game called Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is coming soon. This news comes courtesy of the Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee which accidentally leaked what was intended to be a surprise release. The game has been confirmed for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One although no release date has been revealed.

4. Billy Mitchell’s World Records Reinstated   Controversial competitive gamer Billy Mitchell has officially gotten his Guinness World Records for Pac-Man and Donkey Kong reinstated. Mitchell was stripped of his titles back in 2018 after allegations of cheating arose via Twin Galaxies, a company that specializes in verifying video game records. According to the allegations, Mitchell used an emulator to achieve his perfect Pac-Man game (a feat which he has since repeated) and his 1 million point Donkey Kong score. Although Mitchell remains a controversial figure in the competitive gaming world, Guinness explained their decision by saying, “In the end, we found that there just wasn't sufficient evidence to support the disqualification.”

5. Apex Legends Crossplay   Apex Legends will soon be getting crossplay. This news comes alongside an announcement that Apex Legends will also be launching on Steam and the Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately for Steam users, players will still need to use the EA Origin launcher even if they purchase the game on Steam. Apex’s crossplay will connect Origin, Steam, Xbox One, PS4, and Switch players and is expected to go live when the Nintendo Switch version of the game launches this Fall.

Comment 97

• xFury verified LV.37 Dub Collector Jun 20, 2020, 04:54 AM

We waited 6 or so years for a stupid storyline from Last of Us 2....unbelievable

• KILLER BEAN LV.4 Pokémon Master Jun 20, 2020, 12:03 PM

i don’t even have it but i could tell they paid for the reviews 10/10 everything i don’t think so.. the community gave it a 2.3/10 and only 30% of players actually enjoyed it

• Ldizzy LV.13 Bamboozled Jun 21, 2020, 03:49 PM

the game was not even able to be fineshed. it was either people who just heard a spoiler or based it off of one part they saw

• Gamer SkyYoshi LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 04:43 PM

The community Review is only bad cuz they fucked up smth really important to all of us

• RainNanners LV.25 Insomniac Jun 20, 2020, 09:06 PM

Well it is a harsh universe, and Joel etc had to pay for what he did back in the hospital. At least that's how I look at it.

• Spendoge LV.2 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 04:19 AM

True, but I’ve also heard that the game doesn’t even end with Justice for Joel. I haven’t seen anything or played it so I could be wrong, but apparently it all leads up to nothing and there is no revenge on Ellie’s part for Joel’s death

• RainNanners LV.25 Insomniac Jun 22, 2020, 03:41 AM

I seen that also, but the gist I got from it is that revenge doesn't help anyone.

• Himiko Toga ♥ LV.6 Big Chungus Jun 23, 2020, 07:46 PM

that's because she knows Joel didn't want her to get revenge plus she forgave him

• Himiko Toga ♥ LV.6 Big Chungus Jun 23, 2020, 07:46 PM

that's because she knows Joel didn't want her to get revenge plus she forgave him

• :)TOXIC_JOY(: LV.8 Nomad Jun 21, 2020, 04:18 AM

Stop hating on the game just because it didn’t happen how YOU wanted it to. TLOU universe is harsh af. I guarantee you couldn’t write anything even close to TLOU2. If you didn’t like the story, you shouldn’t have got the game.

• NuLly347_YT LV.2 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 05:27 AM

god damn spoilers

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 01:03 PM

Bruh the story sucks that’s that

• :)TOXIC_JOY(: LV.8 Nomad Jun 21, 2020, 01:03 PM

In your opinion

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 01:04 PM

Not in my opinion look at the user scores

• :)TOXIC_JOY(: LV.8 Nomad Jun 21, 2020, 01:05 PM

Ok look. Just because you, and a whole other group of people didn’t enjoy the game, doesn’t mean you should go and ruin the game for other people.

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 01:07 PM

:)TOXIC_JOY(:  Oh no I’m not saying you shouldn’t play it, go ahead and experience it, but know that the story is a little iffy

• :)TOXIC_JOY(: LV.8 Nomad Jun 21, 2020, 01:10 PM

UltraShark  I get where you’re coming from, I just hate when people go and say, ”This game is trash.” I get that some people don’t like the game’s writing, but those of us that do would prefer to play the game with being bombarded by barrages of bullshizzle.

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 01:11 PM

:)TOXIC_JOY(:  Ok I get that

• :)TOXIC_JOY(: LV.8 Nomad Jun 21, 2020, 01:11 PM

:)TOXIC_JOY(:  I understand that it’s not your cup of tea, but you don’t have to ruin the game for other people. And I don’t mean you, I just mean the internet in general.

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 01:11 PM

UltraShark  Also, why was there a lot of gay things like a rainbow flag and such?

• :)TOXIC_JOY(: LV.8 Nomad Jun 21, 2020, 01:12 PM

UltraShark  Sorry if I’m being a dick, I don’t mean to be, I just kinda feel like shizzling on games that other people enjoy is a bit mean.

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 01:16 PM

:)TOXIC_JOY(:  Oh no I didn’t say I didn’t enjoy it, of course there were some good moments, but only moments that’s why I struggle being happy with what I’m playing

• SOV_arctic LV.2 Bandit Jun 22, 2020, 08:40 AM

:)TOXIC_JOY(:  ^^^ fax

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 01:05 PM

I liked everything else but the story

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 21, 2020, 01:12 PM

It’s like they are using Ellie’s gayness as a token for tokenism

• :)TOXIC_JOY(: LV.8 Nomad Jun 21, 2020, 01:17 PM

UltraShark  I get it.

• ImSorryBoutDat_ LV.1 Mootie Jun 24, 2020, 08:52 AM

It just didn’t go how you wanted

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 24, 2020, 11:09 AM

Ngl after playing more I realized I was wrong

• VauseKV LV.19 Sage Jun 23, 2020, 09:03 PM

The story could have ended the same way but with better writing. They cut off the original writer, and then character development became inconsistent. That's why people hate it. But to each their own I guess.

• Dman8804 LV.17 Duo queue god Jun 22, 2020, 07:06 AM

Takes a long time to make a great game. Look how long it took to make the new cyberpunk or gta 6

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 22, 2020, 05:56 PM

Ngl after playing some more TLOU part 2 it’s getting way better

• UltraShark LV.3 Lurker Jun 22, 2020, 05:56 PM

Just gotta get past the first 2 hours of the game

• Fuzu LV.1 Mootie Jun 23, 2020, 02:16 AM

damn.

• Backie LV.17 Sage Jun 23, 2020, 11:17 PM

this how the game made me feel after waiting so many years

• Loganz2051 LV.1 Mootie Jun 24, 2020, 06:16 AM

not even 6 years

• Loganz2051 LV.1 Mootie Jun 24, 2020, 06:17 AM

you make something better then

• ThisIsGG LV.3 Lurker Jun 20, 2020, 05:00 AM

who else loved or loves skate 3

• Erickson LV.1 Mootie Jun 20, 2020, 08:14 AM

Joel😣😢

• Dustin V LV.14 Professional Noob Jun 21, 2020, 01:57 AM

Talk about taking him out like a B. They didn't even let him have a hero's death. So pissed about that. He should have gone down fighting off hoards of runners. Anything would have been better.

• Dman8804 LV.17 Duo queue god Jun 21, 2020, 03:58 AM

But that would not make the game as energetic. Joel death gave Ellie a purpose in life before Joel death she had no purpose just a girl living through an apocalypse, but now Joel’s death gave her a purpose and something that she is motivated to do which is revenge.

• Dustin V LV.14 Professional Noob Jun 21, 2020, 06:24 AM

If the rest of the story stayed the same sure. But I would not have written the story this way. I'm not trying to say I would have written a masterpiece or anything. I just think killing Joel the way they did felt wrong.

• Dman8804 LV.17 Duo queue god Jun 21, 2020, 06:45 AM

Yeah the way they did Joel was mean them doing that gives people a bigger urge to complete the game and find out what Ellie did for revenge

• Dman8804 LV.17 Duo queue god Jun 20, 2020, 08:31 AM

Last of us is the best story game on PSN ever such a great game!❤️

• Grimreaper3225 LV.6 Nomad Jun 20, 2020, 08:50 AM

great game

• Dman8804 LV.17 Duo queue god Jun 20, 2020, 10:48 AM

Indeed it is

• Gamer SkyYoshi LV.3 Lurker Jun 20, 2020, 12:50 PM

Since they did smth to our Hero....TLOU 2 is...bad

• e.moji DaPi LV.29 Champion Jun 21, 2020, 01:46 AM

I prefer Horizon Zero: Dawn

• Dman8804 LV.17 Duo queue god Jun 21, 2020, 03:53 AM

That’s a good game also

• Me_Trog_TheYetiKing verified LV.31 Genius Jun 21, 2020, 01:52 AM

Lol u must not play a lot of games then yeah it’s a decent game but saying it’s the best that’s pushing it

• Dman8804 LV.17 Duo queue god Jun 21, 2020, 03:55 AM

Well that’s how much I love the game. I play many games but the last of us had been the best series I’ve played yet.

• Me_Trog_TheYetiKing verified LV.31 Genius Jun 21, 2020, 03:59 AM

I kinda like Detroit being human story line cause u can chose the out come

• Dman8804 LV.17 Duo queue god Jun 21, 2020, 04:04 AM

Who doesn’t like to chose the outcome of a story

• Me_Trog_TheYetiKing verified LV.31 Genius Jun 21, 2020, 04:04 AM

That’s true

• Lion Main LV.3 Lurker Jun 20, 2020, 09:11 AM

the last of us 2 is just a revenge story its nothing to special

• MrWallManMain verified LV.30 Legend Jun 20, 2020, 08:51 AM

Keep in mind that all these current user reviews are complete garbage, at least the ones at this very moment.
    I downloaded the game the second it released and I‘m made quite a bit of progress. yet my playtime tells me I‘ve only played for 5 hours, so I‘m not even close to having completed the story - and neither have any of the users that made those reviews.
    Their opinion is most likely based on some Let‘s Plays the watched for a couple of minutes.....🤷🏼‍♂️

I‘d say you can expect the more serious reviews from players that actually completed the game not before monday.

• Gendor64 LV.15 Professional Noob Jun 20, 2020, 01:53 PM

the one thing i don't understand is considering abby's character arc. so one thing the game doesn't give you that it should've is that abby is the daughter of one of the surgeons in the first game. the fact that people reacted the way they did shows how much people love the characters and how well they are/were written but many forget that in the first game joel went on a damn rampage and i saw people talking about them "demonizing" him in the second game. one of the biggest complaints i don't really get is the whole "it's just a revenge story" stuff. i well understand that the first game was special because the whole journey only could've happened to ellie thanks to her immunity but it makes sense to make the second game a revenge story considering some of joels actions. if the writing of that revenge plot is good or bad kinda remains to be seen and i already saw many people who feel like they completely butchered the personality of some characters (which might be true might not be) but just from what i saw it doesn't look all that far off from what could be possible. (but by the love of god it's not a f•••ing 10/10 and anyone that believes those reviews weren't bought needs to wake up) it might end up as one of those games that i'd consider a decent story, just not a decent continuation.

• Robert Young LV.2 Let’s play R6! Jun 20, 2020, 05:22 PM

Joel noooooo

• e.moji DaPi LV.29 Champion Jun 21, 2020, 01:46 AM

That’s weird. They shrank his shoulders, made him look soft...

• Killer Slushstar LV.23 Fearless Jun 20, 2020, 03:35 AM

finally apex i wanna play with personnamedking

• Vivid4133 LV.6 Clearly Hacking Jun 20, 2020, 02:25 PM

Joel and Tommy die

• W꙰ A꙰ T꙰ E꙰ R꙰ LV.17 Creeper Jun 20, 2020, 05:25 PM

we were lied too we were tricked and just plain bamboozled by naughty dog inc (aka satan)

• weeb1212 LV.3 Lurker Jun 22, 2020, 07:10 AM

why did they have to kill Joel

• Cardinal R.E.Z LV.19 Gameboy Jun 23, 2020, 02:42 AM

When the narrative of a narrative-driven game is subpar you know you’ve failed. I gave it a shot as I do any game even Anthem or Fallout 76. Honestly, TLOU2 belongs with them, cause all it was under unforgiving brutality for the sake of it. The flashbacks between Joel and Ellie were the only things I genuinely enjoyed about the game. If you like the game whole heartedly then thats fine. More power to you, but don’t throw a tantrum when people point out holes and plethora of issues with the game. 10/10 this game is not by a longshot, cause like I said, the only reason people play this game is for the story and the story is just not good. I can only hope if that Last of Us HBO show gets out that they completely scrap TLOU2 as a source and do something else. That way they can “subvert” expectations (which people like to use as an excuse nowadays) and make something better.

• キングClxxZ LV.5 Lurker Jun 25, 2020, 12:14 AM

Look I understand that you may think that the game is unplayable because of 1 part but shit happens and you can't get mad. That shows their mastermind. They've been doing this since the last game. Build up a character and then something happens. I do think the antagonist reason for being there is sort of dumb but still if it's 1 thing you have a right to be mad but at least get your money's worth.

Home