The Daily Moot (11/21/18)News Picks
1. No Man’s Sky Thanksgiving Update Adds Even More Features
We’ve said it a few times now, but it is worth repeating how much good work Hello Games has put into No Man’s Sky since the game’s disappointing release. They released NEXT last month, which added an extensive list of new and updated features to the planetary exploration game. Now a new surprise update called Visions, set to release tomorrow, brings even more to the game. More plants and animals will create even more colorful worlds for you to explore. The highlight of the update seems to be a new archeology system where you can collect and display alien artifacts.
2. Fortnite’s Winter Royale Tournament Starts this Weekend There is a $1 million prize pool for the Fortnite Winter Royale Tournament, which starts this weekend. Open qualifiers will take place this weekend, followed by European finals next week, and the North American finals the following week. The overall process emulates the structure of the upcoming World Cup Qualification procedure to test it out. You’ll have “several chances” to set a high score this weekend. Good luck qualifying!
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi Coming to Battlefront 2 The Battle of Geonosis comes to Battlefront 2 later this week. Naturally, it will introduce Geonosis as a playable map but we now know it will also introduce the legendary Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan Kenobi’s blocking skills will be the strongest of any Jedi in the game. Obi-Wan will also be able to chain together powerful melee attacks to take down his opponents after they fail to break through his defenses. The Battle of Geonosis comes to Battlefront 2 on November 28th.
4. Biggest Pokemon Card Ever Printed Although Pokemon is perhaps most known for their video games, movies, and tv shows, there is also a bustling TCG that is still very much alive. Earlier this morning a new card was revealed that sets the record for most hitpoints on any Pokemon card, ever. Magikarp&Wailord GX is a Tag Team card, meaning it features both Pokemon and combines their HP. The card has 300 HP, which beats out the old record of 250 set by Wailord on his own.
5. Australians are Currently Locked from Purchasing Certain Steam Games Steam finally embraced the Australian dollar (officially named, Dollery-doos, right?) but not without incident. Publishers needed to check a box stating they support the Australian dollar but some large publishers, like Microsoft and Konami, forgot. This means a long list of games are currently unavailable for our upside-down friends to purchase. Undertale, Age of Empires 2: HD, Factorio, and Ori and the Blind Forest are just some of the unavailable games. This will surely get sorted out soon, but in the meantime it’s a pretty funny little accident.