Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Jun 6, 2020, 04:44 AM 1,822 read

The Daily Moot: Valorant on Console

News Picks

1. Valorant on Console

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Valorant on Console image 2

It’s confirmed: Riot Games is working on a console version of Valorant. While this certainly seems like fantastic news for console players, it’s still unclear whether or not a complete console version of the game will actually come to fruition. Anna Donlon, Executive Producer for Valorant, explained that although prototypes are already under development, the team feels “there's a way to experience this game that we're not entirely sure translates completely to console play.” Ultimately, Donlon says that the decision to release Valorant on console will come down to the consistency of the core gameplay experience, assuring fans that “if we feel like we can deliver this experience on those platforms, we absolutely will.”

2. Sony Fined by Australia   Sony has been fined $3.5 million by the Australian government for “making false and misleading representations” regarding their refund policies. This comes as the result of a recent lawsuit in which the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission sued Sony over their 14-day return policy for digital games. According to the ACCC, Sony acted in violation of Australian law as consumer rights “do not disappear after 14 days or any other arbitrary date claimed by a game store or developer.” While this is great news for Australian video game consumers, it seems unlikely that Sony will amend their refund policies in other countries such as the United States.

3. EA Games Come to Steam   Several EA games have finally made their way to Steam. This comes as the result of a partnership between Valve and Electronic Arts, and is just the first wave of over 25 games that will eventually hit the marketplace. Some of the games that were released today include classics like Dragon Age Inquisition, Need for Speed, and Crysis 3, all of which are available at deep discounts. EA will also be bringing EA Access to Steam in the coming months, enabling PC players to access an expansive library of games and take part in exclusive trials via the subscription service.

4. Epic Freebies   Another week of freebies from Epic Games is here. This week’s offering is Overcooked, a “chaotic couch co-op cooking game for one to four players.” Overcooked is a great, fun game to play with friends, but many players might be disappointed by this week’s freebie considering that Epic Games already gave it away last year. At any rate, if you weren’t able to pick it up previously then it’s definitely worth grabbing now. You can claim your free copy of Overcooked directly from the Epic Games Store from now until June 11.

5. PUBG Free Weekend   PUBG is holding a free play weekend from now through Sunday. Unfortunately, however, the offer is only available on Steam, meaning that only PC players will be able to take advantage of the opportunity. The free weekend includes access to the full game, including the new ranked playlists, making this a great opportunity to try out some of the latest updates to the game. PUBG will also be on sale during the free weekend, so it’s a good time to buy the game at a discount if you’ve been looking to add it to your library.

Comment 34

• Vιɳɳιƙ (T.H.U.C.) LV.28 Dream Chaser Jun 6, 2020, 04:47 AM

cant wait to see the ps4 fortnite kids rage because their gun didnt hit an enemy with their standard pistol from across the map after dumping the entire map while running

• ArcticBravo verified LV.25 Elite Four Jun 6, 2020, 04:51 AM

I still don't believe Valorant will work on console.
    Console players have adapted a more "run and gun" style, which simply doesn't work with the recoil mechanics of the game.
    Speaking of the recoil, I don't believe it will function as intended with a controller. Yesterday I experimented on CSGO with a controller, and it was the jankiest thing I've ever experienced.

• Vιɳɳιƙ (T.H.U.C.) LV.28 Dream Chaser Jun 6, 2020, 04:53 AM

exactly what i mean. i already see console players struggle with r6 recoil and valorant and csgo recoil are not a good combo for console. and the run and gun style wont work.

btw whats that badge you have it looks pretty cool?

• ArcticBravo verified LV.25 Elite Four Jun 6, 2020, 04:58 AM

The "2" badge? It's the two-year Moot coin which was given away last year to celebrate two years of Moot.

• Vιɳɳιƙ (T.H.U.C.) LV.28 Dream Chaser Jun 6, 2020, 04:59 AM

oh cool, does that mean i also have it?

• ArcticBravo verified LV.25 Elite Four Jun 6, 2020, 04:59 AM

It's entirely possible!

• Тоска TSB LV.4 Lurker Jun 9, 2020, 01:19 AM

then you haven't come across those of us who actually have good gun recoil controll

• Vιɳɳιƙ (T.H.U.C.) LV.28 Dream Chaser Jun 9, 2020, 01:26 AM

i also mean most of the players, i know that there also players that can control recoil but the average player doesnt have that recoil control

• Тоска TSB LV.4 Lurker Jun 9, 2020, 02:39 AM

true but once players start to get into like level 115 and up they start to get a better grasp on recoil control and map knowledge and all that shit

• Тоска TSB LV.4 Lurker Jun 9, 2020, 02:40 AM

it's just a matter tho of finding a sense that you have good control over and then just working on recoil control

• killer the Savage ft LV.2 Lurker Jun 7, 2020, 09:09 AM

welp my hopes are gone /:

• Superdonkey2 LV.21 OPFOR Jun 6, 2020, 04:45 AM

If that’s true then 😍😍😍😍

Also maybe follow me for some Valorant articles and my reposter revenge story

• ncls. LV.9 Nomad Jun 6, 2020, 04:46 AM

YESSSSSS

• {LD} Xander LV.12 Gameboy Jun 6, 2020, 04:46 AM

YES

• ncls. LV.9 Nomad Jun 6, 2020, 04:48 AM

They could add a function to use mnk on console like in MW to provide the full experience on console

• FiontheBard LV.26 Carry Me Jun 6, 2020, 04:35 PM

valorant and any other game will work on console if they add mouse and keyboard compatibility

• Cdiddle LV.2 Lurker Jun 8, 2020, 07:49 AM

I have I feeling this is going to go the same way that csgo on xbox 360 and ps3 went.

• DontTKChanka LV.17 Best Squadmate Jun 6, 2020, 06:26 AM

yayyyy

• PSN SniperEgg_ttv LV.4 Lurker Jun 6, 2020, 07:19 AM

Yes

• CallMeG LV.15 Looking for teammates! Jun 6, 2020, 04:12 PM

How do u find the treasure

• Vlll_Hawk LV.2 Lurker Jun 6, 2020, 07:58 PM

Let’s go

• ENVYDinomite LV.3 Team Player Jun 6, 2020, 08:01 PM

idk if this will be good tho

• Bencoop08 LV.2 Link Jun 7, 2020, 05:00 AM

fkfkf