Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Jun 4, 2020, 04:53 AM 424 read

The Daily Moot: The Gaming Community Shows Solidarity

News Picks

1. The Gaming Community Shows Solidarity

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: The Gaming Community Shows Solidarity image 2

In a show of solidarity with protesters across the globe, several gaming companies have announced donations to Black Lives Matter and related causes. Studios large and small have pledged their support along with many game publishers and retailers. Some of the most notable donations include a $1 million fund from Humble Bundle to support Black game developers and contributions from EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix, and more to support organizations like the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and the Equal Justice Initiative.

2. The Last of Us Part 2 Commercial   Naughty Dog has released the official full-length commercial for The Last of Us Part 2. The commercial features a stylized cinematic of the upcoming survival story but it’s unclear whether or not any of the footage is actually from the game. The Last of Us Part 2 is set to launch on June 19; check out the extended commercial below.

3. Sony Day of Play   Sony’s annual Day of Play is here, providing discounts on many PS4 games. The sale will last from now until June 17 and offers price cuts of up to 50% on some of the most classic games in PlayStation history. Some of the most notable deals include The Last of Us Remastered and 2018’s God of War, both of which are available for just $10.

4. Sea of Thieves on Steam   Sea of Thieves has finally made its way to Steam. While the game has been available on PC for quite some time, it had previously been confined to the Microsoft Store. This is great news for PC players who have been interested in the game but wanted to avoid the many issues of the Microsoft Store. The Steam version of the game costs $40 and features seamless crossplay with the other versions.

5. IGN Summer of Gaming Delayed   IGN’s Summer of Gaming event has been delayed. The multi-day digital event is expected to provide a first look at several upcoming games and is largely considered to be a replacement for some of the physical events that have been cancelled this year. In their statement, IGN explained that they decided to postpone the event “out of respect for and in support of those rightfully demanding justice and change across the United States and the world.” Originally expected to begin on June 5, IGN’s Summer of Gaming will now kick off on June 8.

Comment 8

• CNA_Gamer LV.22 Apex > Fortnite Jun 4, 2020, 02:41 PM

today i just saw B person walking around and then out of no where cops appear and arrest him for walking Idk what he did but i hope their not racist because I'm just scared to die from a cop so be safe... I'm not lying but I wish i did have evidence so if you don't want to believe don't none is forcing you btw im hispanic and i have lot if respect to people be careful wend you're outside

• CNA_Gamer LV.22 Apex > Fortnite Jun 4, 2020, 02:41 PM

• CNA_Gamer LV.22 Apex > Fortnite Jun 4, 2020, 02:42 PM

• hills1009 LV.1 Mootie Jun 4, 2020, 08:40 PM

Yoo

• Killer Slushstar LV.23 Fearless Jun 4, 2020, 04:54 AM

1312 acab

• Elfi verified LV.30 Rare Candy Jun 4, 2020, 05:00 AM

Looking forward to the sales!

• e.moji DaPi LV.29 Champion Jun 4, 2020, 06:27 AM

I mean you could already get Sea of Thieves on pc if you had the Xbox app

• CiBz Matt LV.11 I’m the champion! Jun 6, 2020, 07:44 AM

yeah about that black lives matter stuff how about all lifes matter bc we are all one expect we have different skin tone

Home