The Daily Moot (11/16/18)News Picks
1. Happy Friday Mootmedians! In this week’s special episode we show you all the best Moot bloopers as we take you behind the scenes of Moot Points.
2. Fortnite Takes Down Red Dead Redemption 2 to Win Game of the Year At this year’s Golden Joystick Awards, there were two clear favorites for Game of the Year: Fortnite and Red Dead Redemption 2. Although most critics favored Red Dead Redemption 2, it’s not hard to see why Fortnite took home the gold. Fortnite is a phenomenon that is bigger than gaming, and there's no doubt that popularity contributed to their victory. Do you agree with the Golden Joystick Awards? What would be your pick for Game of the Year?
3. Stardew Valley has Already Made $1Million on Mobile Stardew Valley, already a smash-hit on PC and console, is now dominating the mobile market as well. In less than a month since its release on mobile, Stardew Valley has already earned over $1Million. The farming sim/rpg/adventure game has been a fan favorite since it’s initial release in 2016 and is the perfect type of game for a mobile port. Hopefully this will start a trend of great mobile games that don’t rely on microtransactions.
4. Bethesda Lays Out Improvements for Fallout 76 In response to first-week criticisms and complaints for Fallout 76, Bethesda has promised a series of improvements and bug fixes before the end of the year. Although many of the improvements are PC-only, players will be delighted to hear that a stash limit increase is among the top priorities. The first patch for Fallout 76 comes out on Monday.
5. Happy Birthday to Shigeru Miyamoto! Happy birthday to Shigeru Miyamoto who turned 66 today! Perhaps the most famous gave developer of all time, Miyamoto is responsible for some the most well known and critically acclaimed games of all time. With incredible game series like Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong all in his resume, it’s easy to see why Miyamoto is a huge part of Nintendo’s success and why he’s often considered the greatest game developer ever.