Team Moot verified Admin
Nov 17, 2018, 10:34 AM 4,115 read

The Daily Moot (11/16/18)

News Picks

1. Happy Friday Mootmedians! In this week’s special episode we show you all the best Moot bloopers as we take you behind the scenes of Moot Points.

2. Fortnite Takes Down Red Dead Redemption 2 to Win Game of the Year   At this year’s Golden Joystick Awards, there were two clear favorites for Game of the Year: Fortnite and Red Dead Redemption 2. Although most critics favored Red Dead Redemption 2, it’s not hard to see why Fortnite took home the gold. Fortnite is a phenomenon that is bigger than gaming, and there's no doubt that popularity contributed to their victory. Do you agree with the Golden Joystick Awards? What would be your pick for Game of the Year?

3. Stardew Valley has Already Made $1Million on Mobile   Stardew Valley, already a smash-hit on PC and console, is now dominating the mobile market as well. In less than a month since its release on mobile, Stardew Valley has already earned over $1Million. The farming sim/rpg/adventure game has been a fan favorite since it’s initial release in 2016 and is the perfect type of game for a mobile port. Hopefully this will start a trend of great mobile games that don’t rely on microtransactions.

4. Bethesda Lays Out Improvements for Fallout 76   In response to first-week criticisms and complaints for Fallout 76, Bethesda has promised a series of improvements and bug fixes before the end of the year. Although many of the improvements are PC-only, players will be delighted to hear that a stash limit increase is among the top priorities. The first patch for Fallout 76 comes out on Monday.

5. Happy Birthday to Shigeru Miyamoto!   Happy birthday to Shigeru Miyamoto who turned 66 today! Perhaps the most famous gave developer of all time, Miyamoto is responsible for some the most well known and critically acclaimed games of all time. With incredible game series like Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong all in his resume, it’s easy to see why Miyamoto is a huge part of Nintendo’s success and why he’s often considered the greatest game developer ever.

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (11/16/18) image 11

Comment 84

• FlamingPenguin LV.23 Genius Nov 17, 2018, 11:08 AM

I wanted Red Dead Redemption 2 to win :(

• bobdalob LV.25 Rootin Tootin Nov 17, 2018, 12:46 PM

Same 😭

• This review has been deleted.

• NO NAME verified Nov 17, 2018, 04:56 PM

yo opinion dont matter fortnite took a dub red didnt😂👌💯

• XxFrostyFoxX LV.3 Lurker Nov 17, 2018, 12:00 PM

Fuck FORTNITE only reason it's played is because it's free

• NO NAME verified Nov 17, 2018, 04:58 PM

Call down it dosnt its about how u see it and thats y its so good so ye

• XxFrostyFoxX LV.3 Lurker Nov 17, 2018, 06:34 PM

No mate. It's free and it's fucking shit. PUBG was the maker of that fucking bullshit idea of a game

• NO NAME verified Nov 19, 2018, 02:02 AM

Agreed. And also another thing: the kids.

• NO NAME verified Nov 19, 2018, 02:03 AM

Seeing something as if it’s good doesn’t make it good. Also wtf does “thats y its so good so ye” supposed to mean? That’s not a reason why it’s “so good”

• NO NAME verified Nov 19, 2018, 07:23 PM

Damn u took took it the wrong way u hate me man xD?

• bobdalob LV.25 Rootin Tootin Nov 17, 2018, 10:36 AM

Hmmm...

• NO NAME verified Nov 17, 2018, 11:43 AM

Fortnight Is garbage

• NO NAME verified Nov 17, 2018, 04:56 PM

Your shit

• Captaindoody77 LV.18 Wild West Nov 17, 2018, 12:07 PM

Lmao who would’ve known that the Grammy culture would’ve cut into a video game nomination ceremony? Clearly a pure example of how a bunch of mindless people would choose fortnite over a complete masterpiece. This is as obvious as DAMN by Kendrick Lamar being nominated over FLOWER BOY by Tyler the creator. (Both albums are amazing but it’s the fact that because one is more “popular” then the other that it just assumes that role of winner right from the start.) Pretty disappointing but who cares RDR 1 got GOTY already. Hopefully fortnite will die down slowly. Great game but JFC it’s getting so out of hand.

• NO NAME verified Nov 17, 2018, 12:12 PM

this is a joke

• Denizien LV.3 Lurker Nov 17, 2018, 11:37 AM

Nooooo rdr 2 is better

• NO NAME verified Nov 17, 2018, 04:55 PM

your funny

• AkuaphinaPL LV.2 Lurker Nov 17, 2018, 11:37 AM

What a joke

• TrApR3flexshot LV.2 Lurker Nov 17, 2018, 11:42 AM

Red dead redemption 2 is the game of the year by far, look I love fortnite but I just think rdr2 is a better game

• WeirdZ LV.3 Lurker Nov 17, 2018, 11:53 AM

HELLLLLL NO

• Just Nathan LV.35 Master Nov 17, 2018, 11:53 AM

Hmmm... Not first...

• Sparky'sTV LV.12 I’m the champion! Nov 17, 2018, 11:54 AM

Better watch out if Rockstar shoots out cross platforming red dead will take over lol

• NO NAME verified Nov 17, 2018, 12:00 PM

They are wrong for that

• NO NAME verified Nov 17, 2018, 12:11 PM

"Game of the year" says it all. Fortnite has consistently been the number one gaming topic this year. How many video games make the headlines of major news stations??? The game is simply a phenomenon! Due to Fortnite's impact on the gaming community, and industry, I believe that its spot is well deserved.

PS, I've only played twice since BO4 has been out. My opinion of.

Home