Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
May 28, 2020, 05:48 AM 2,067 read

The Daily Moot: League of Legends In-Game Ads

News Picks

1. League of Legends In-Game Ads

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: League of Legends In-Game Ads image 2

League of Legends will soon be getting in-game ads. Riot Games, which has always been vocal about their vision of bringing esports up to par with physical sports, is now looking at in-game ads as the next step towards realizing their goal. Similar to physical sports which feature advertisement banners around the stadium or arena, the banners within Summoner’s Rift will be turned into advertisements. The sponsored banners will only appear in official LCS matches so you don’t have to worry about advertisements in your own games (yet, at least).

2. FNCS Winner Caught Cheating   The winner of the Fortnite Champion Series Invitational for the Asia region has been caught cheating. Japanese player Sekosama won the solo component of the tournament but broke the rules by teaming up with at least one other competitor. Some of the rule breaking behavior included communicating and coordinating with enemies during the match to funnel good loot onto Sekosama. Epic Games has since revoked Sekosama’s winnings, which totaled $15,000, and issued a 14-day ban against the player.

3. Overwatch Novel   Blizzard is set to release their very first official Overwatch novel. Titled The Hero of Numbani, the novel features an all-new original story about the origins of Orisa and her fight to protect Numbani from the villainous Doomfist. The Hero of Numbani will be available in both physical and digital versions and is set to release on June 2.

4. Kingdom Hearts TV Show   A Kingdom Hearts TV show is apparently in the works. Very few details about the project have been released yet, but it’s expected to be a fully-animated adaptation of the Kingdom Hearts series, following the events of Sora, Goofy, Donald Duck, and more. According to multiple sources Disney has already begun casting for the show, with Disney’s original voice over actors expected to reprise their roles.

5. Formula E Driver Fired Over Video Game   A Formula E race car driver has been fired after cheating in an online race. During the Formula E Race at Home Challenge, Audi driver Daniel Abt allowed Lorenz Horzing, a sim racing esport pro, to drive for him in the competition. After competitors became suspicious of his drastically improved performance, Abt admitted to the swap, saying that it was a prank that the duo had planned as “something funny for the fans.” Unfortunately for them, the joke was not well received. Daniel Abt has been suspended from the Audi Sports racing team and forced to pay a $10,000 fine while Horzing received a complete ban from the esport Race Challenge series.

Comment 13

• MrWallManMain verified LV.30 Legend May 28, 2020, 05:55 AM

Wouldn’t be surprised if Riot introduced Raid: Shadow Legend as their new legend 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Guillermo Ybarra LV.2 Lurker May 28, 2020, 11:35 AM

😂

• Poison Potato 〄 ́ verified LV.22 Boo! May 28, 2020, 02:08 PM

🤣

• Gluuten LV.21 Professional Noob May 28, 2020, 09:27 AM

Mastercard gang where you at?

• jenniferelder LV.2 Lurker Jun 10, 2020, 09:27 AM

Hmm, buddy, did you just find out about this now? :)There are a lot of ads and plugins in games and this is completely normal. This is done by developers to introduce additional functions, like new worlds or characters, so I do not see any problems in this. For example, I have been playing the League of Legends for a long time and there are a lot of different plugins here and I often use them for a richer game :)
    By the way, do you play lol? The fact is that I decided to start boosting my account and I'm looking for a reliable service for this. I came across only elo boost cheap on https://elo-boosters.com and there are great reviews, but I would like to know your opinion!

• Gluuten LV.21 Professional Noob Jun 10, 2020, 09:28 AM

Lmao it's a joke

• ipoopsomtimes LV.3 Lurker May 28, 2020, 09:33 AM

😢🤣🤣🦅🥖🥖🥖

• Acheloko LV.2 Lurker May 28, 2020, 09:37 AM

💪💪💪 con todo

• DIKO LV.1 Mootie May 28, 2020, 09:38 AM

hey

• Caveman LV.12 Wolf May 28, 2020, 09:40 AM

Haven't played the game in years. 🤷‍♂️

• Poison Potato 〄 ́ verified LV.22 Boo! May 28, 2020, 02:07 PM

oof