The Daily Moot (11/12/18)News Picks
1. Mounted Turrets are Coming to Fortnite
An in-game message over the weekend teased the addition of a crazy new item to Fortnite’s battle royale mode. The new item is the Mounted Turret, which came with the description “Place the Mounted Turret and hop in to apply some suppressive fire! Careful not to overheat.” As usual, the item is ‘coming soon,’ which means we can probably expect it toward the middle or end of this week. What do you guys think? Awesome, stupid, broken, busted? Let us know!
2. Keyboard and Mouse Support Coming to Xbox One Starting with Fortnite and Warframe, Xbox One games will soon start to get official support for keyboard and mouse inputs. Developers will be able to choose if they’d like to introduce support for the input method. Microsoft also announced a list of games that will get keyboard and mouse support sometime in November and some games that will get it eventually, but not necessarily soon. Check out the lists in the article below.
3. Warframe hits new All-time High Player Count Although Warframe released all the way back in 2013, it is still constantly growing. Every update developer Digital Extremes releases brings more players into their free-to-play sci-fi shooter, with the most recent one setting a new record for peak concurrent players. In the wake of the latest update, named Fortuna, Warframe saw 132k concurrent players on Steam this past weekend.
4. Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now Available on Steam Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales has been exclusively available on GOG for a few weeks now, but it is finally available to play on Steam. Just like the version on GOG, Thronebreaker on Steam will cost you $30. Unlike if you purchase on GOG though, when you buy on Steam you also get a copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut. RPG fans will love the game that kicked off the genre-defining series, but more modern game fans may find it a bit rough. Either way, it’s free!
5. DLC for Vermintide 2 called ‘Back to Ubersreik’ Coming in December A December DLC for Vermintide 2 will be bringing players back to Ubersreik where things all started. Three maps from Vermintide 1 have been remastered for the update, starting with Horn of Magnus. Each map has some new secrets awaiting players. While we don’t know an exact release date for the DLC yet, we do know it will cost only $9.99.
=============== In the Moot Caption Contests you can win free Moot Coins just by posting a caption for the week's image in the comments. It doesn't even have to be smart, just funny! Click the link below to enter. Good luck!