Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
May 27, 2020, 05:59 AM 513 read

The Daily Moot: BlizzCon 2020 Canceled

News Picks

1. BlizzCon 2020 Canceled

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: BlizzCon 2020 Canceled image 2

BlizzCon 2020 has been cancelled. Following in the footsteps of many other conventions and gaming events, Blizzard will be hosting an online alternative. Unfortunately, however, it seems that the online event won’t take place until next year. Several major tournaments were expected to take place at BlizzCon 2020 such as the Hearthstone Global Finals and the Overwatch World Cup. It’s currently unclear how Blizzard will proceed with these global competitions, but we will likely receive more information in the near future.

2. The International Battle Pass   The International 2020 Battle Pass is now live. Offering exclusive access to new content and rewards, the annual battle pass is best known for contributing to the massive prize pool for DOTA’s The International tournament. Unfortunately this year’s The International 10 likely won’t happen due to the pandemic, but thankfully Valve has made the battle pass rewards extra special in an effort to compensate. Proceeds from the battle pass will still go towards the prize pool for The International 10 when the tournament eventually takes place.

3. My Friend Pedro TV Show?   John Wick writer Derek Kolstad wants to turn some of his favorite video games into TV shows. More specifically, he’s looking to create 2 new series; one based on My Friend Pedro and another based on Bendy and the Ink Machine. Considering his success with the John Wick franchise, it would certainly be interesting to see how Kolstad would approach a similarly-themed My Friend Pedro. Besides, who wouldn’t want to see Keanu Reeves play as a gun-wielding, time-altering banana man?

4. Risk of Rain 2 Delay   The official launch of Risk of Rain 2 has been delayed. After spending more than a year in early access, the acclaimed sequel was expected to arrive this spring. Developer Hopoo Games explained that although the studio has been “mostly unaffected” by the pandemic, the team wanted to ensure that the game was “truly a complete experience” on launch. Risk of Rain 2 is now expected to come out in August of this year.

5. No Man’s Sky on Xbox Game Pass   No Man’s Sky is headed to the Xbox Game Pass for June. No Man’s Sky had an awful launch, receiving widespread negative reviews. Since then, the space exploration game has been massively improved and experienced a near-complete resurgence. If you’re an Xbox Game Pass subscriber then No Man’s Sky is at least worth checking out, even if the game didn’t appeal to you when it first launched.

Comment 9

• Kills LV.27 Assassin May 27, 2020, 07:33 AM

I would love to see My Friend Pedro as a TV show 😂😂

• Jasperbongtoker LV.15 Titan May 27, 2020, 06:00 AM

Bruh realy how thought blizcon won't be canceled?

• R6G_looking LV.6 Courageous May 27, 2020, 06:01 AM

Sad

• Reusablebelt171 LV.29 Insomniac May 27, 2020, 08:27 AM

OH HELL YEAH!

• FutureLeaf verified LV.29 Rootin Tootin May 27, 2020, 09:55 AM

aw man they might have shown new ow 2 footage 😔

• gumby2383 LV.22 Apex > Fortnite May 27, 2020, 11:36 AM

Heck yeah a Bendy in the Ink Machine TV show

• NO NAME verified May 28, 2020, 08:16 AM

No man's sky = One man's lie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ-tgaE37UE

• NO NAME verified May 28, 2020, 08:18 AM

Blizzard games is a pandering bunch of morons who care more about player pandering lore than actual improvements to gameplay and ranking

• IEatChildren LV.1 Mootie May 27, 2020, 10:42 PM

I hope they do some sort of virtual blizzcon, I already saw this coming as this years major events were already canceled.

Home