The Daily Moot (11/6/18)
1. NFL Skins are Coming to Fortnite
In a totally unexpected but absolutely awesome announcement, The Fortnite Team revealed they are partnering with the NFL to bring each team’s jersey into the game. Players will be able to purchase the NFL jerseys and switch it to any of the 32 NFL teams, plus a unique Fortnite team jersey. Players can also choose any number between 1 and 99 to go on the Jersey.
2. PUBG Coming to PlayStation 4 in December PUBG will be coming to the PlayStation 4 in December, according to video game analyst Daniel Ahmad’s post in ResetEra. This will be roughly one year after the game came to Xbox One as a timed console exclusive. To us, this seems far too late to capture a big audience as Fortnite and Black Ops 4 are both so popular, but maybe some PlayStation 4 gamers will pick up the game to see what they’ve been missing out on.
3. Blizzard Had a Diablo 4 Video they Chose Not to Play at BlizzCon Last night Jason Schreier of Kotaku reported that Blizzard had a video of Diablo 4 that they originally intended to play at BlizzCon before they decided not to. Blizzard responded that they did not cancel any of their planned content for BlizzCon, but they did not deny that a video of Diablo 4 exists. The video would have gone a long way to ease fans’ minds about the Diablo mobile announcement, but it seems like some uncertainty about the direction of Diablo 4 may have kept Blizzard from sharing it. Either way, Diablo 4 is being worked on which is good enough for now, right?
4. Action Role-Playing Game ‘Path of Exile’ Coming to PS4 Path of Exile is similar to Diablo, so if for some strange reason you were interested in a different game series to play in the same genre it may be perfect for you. Path to Exile has been enjoying moderate success on PC and Xbox One for some time, so it is only natural for the game to finally come to PlayStation 4. On December 7th the game will receive a content update and then come to PlayStation some time before the end of the year.
5. Current and Former Employees Sue Riot Games for Gender Discrimination One current and one former Riot Games employees have filed a class action lawsuit against the company for fostering a ‘Men First’ environment in the workplace. The lawsuit alleges that the “Plaintiffs have been denied equal pay and found their careers stifled because they are women.” The Plaintiffs are asking for compensation on unpaid wages, damages, and other penalties. In August, Kotaku released a story that brought accusations against Riot Games to the forefront of the video game world.
=================== Once again we've got another Moot Caption Contest hot off the presses! Head on over to the contest by clicking the link below. The user who submits the best caption earns 500 coins and 4 others will receive 100 each. Good luck!