The Daily Moot (4/5/18)
1. Spyro Reignited Trilogy Announced, Release Date Set for September 21st
Activation announced today the Spyro Reiginited Trilogy, a remaster of the original three Spyro games from the Playstation 1 era. The game will launch with both newly remastered sound and graphics in what looks to be a massive upgrade over the originals. The Spyro Reignited Trilogy will be available on the PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, and Xbox One X on September 21st. Although we don’t know too much more about the game just yet, there is an announcement trailer that we highly recommend you check out. You can pre-order now for $39.99, if that’s your thing.
2. New PUBG Limited Time Mode is Shotguns and Melee Weapons Only PUBG is releasing another limited time Event Mode that will last for only 72 hours. This new one is named ‘Tequila Sunrise’ and is only shotguns and melee weapons on Mirimar. The event goes live tonight at 7pm PDT. Shotguns, melee weapons, and level three armor all have drastically increased spawn rates. Bluehole is also experimenting with the safe zone settings with this one, as they are making the first safe zone much smaller and active as soon as the game starts. This should bring people together for some exciting close quarters combat. Tequila Sunrise is squads only, although you can still turn off auto-matchmaking if you really want a challenge.
3. Rainbow Six Siege Dev Cracking Down on Toxicity In a blog post today, the Rainbow Six Siege development team outlined some new plans to combat negative player behaviors. In the short term, Ubisoft has implemented a chat monitoring system. The system will scan for inappropriate language, like racial or homophobic slurs, and track an individual’s use of them over time. Bans will be issued with duration based on severity, ranging from a few days up to a lifetime ban for the most egregious offenders. Ubisoft also mentioned a desire to combat intentional team-killing. Finally, they said Season 3 will include the ability to mute and the filter the game’s text chat. All in all, a welcome update in our eyes.
4. World of Warcraft’s Seventh Expansion Launching on August 14th Battle for Azeroth, World of Warcraft’s next expansion, finally has a set release date. The new expansion will be launching on August 14th, which surprises many fans as a month or two ahead of schedule. While that is definitely exciting, let’s hope it isn’t being rushed through testing. The current expansion, Legion, has been wildly popular with players and will be hard to beat, but many players have high hopes for Battle for Azeroth. While Legion has seen the Horde and the Alliance, the game’s two factions, working together to fight the Legion army, the Battle for Azeroth again sees the two factions in direct conflict in what should be an amazing story.
5. Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery RPG Launches this Month with Impressive Voice Cast Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is a new mobile RPG launching later this month. The goal of the game is to make the player feel like they’re a new student at Hogwarts, and one of the ways the developers are going about doing that is including some exciting voice actors. The impressive list of voice actors includes Maggie Smith and Warwick Davis, the original voice actors for Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick. Although we don’t know how exactly the game determines what house to put you in, we’re really hoping to end up in Gryffindor.