The Daily Moot (11/1/18)
1. Full Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Starting Roster Revealed
The final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Nintendo Direct wrapped up this morning and it revealed the last of the full characters that will be included in the game at launch. This morning, we learned the final full character in the game is Incineroar from Pokemon Sun and Moon. Nintendo confirmed the game will have 5 DLCs, each introducing a character, stage, and new music track. They will cost $5.99 each, or you can buy the Fighters Pass for $24.99 and get access to all of them. There may still be echo fighters revealed before the game comes out, and Ken Masters from Street Fighter was revealed as an echo fighter today at the direct.
2. Fortnite Patch V6.21 Introduces Balloons Buckle up buckaroos, we got another crazy Fortnite item to wrap our heads around. Last week, Epic Games introduced glider re-deploy to their normal game modes and they’ve know announced it will be sticking around for the time being. But today’s patch introduces something even wackier – Balloons! You can inflate balloons to float up in the air, but be careful because enemies can pop them! You can find Balloons in all the normal loot locations.
3. Just Cause 4 DLC Announced Square Enix revealed this morning an Expansion Pass for Just Cause 4, which launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on December 4th. The Expansion Pass will bring three new content packs to the open-world game over the course of 2019. Players who purchase the Gold or Digital Deluxe versions of the game will gain access to all of the content packs for free. Do you have any interest in Just Cause 4? Have you played any of the older games in the series? Let us know!
4. Fortnitemares Ends this Sunday with a big In-Game Event Fortnitemares, the Halloween themed event where monsters are storming the Fortnite battle royale map, will come to an end this Sunday. Epic Games announced a big in-game event will take place on November 4th at 10 am PDT that players won’t want to miss. This is reminiscent of a few past Fortnite events, most memorably the rocket launch that took place toward the end of season 4. Many are speculating this will be the end of Kevin the Cube, but who really knows.
5. World of Light is the Story Mode in the New Super Smash Bros. Game While the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Nintendo Direct revealed some new characters, it also revealed the details of the game adventure mode. The trailer for World of Light showed some lightbeams vaporizing the Smash Bros cast, and you’ll presumably be tasked with rescuing them. It looks like you’ll fight against the different characters to reclaim their spirits and unlock them in the core game. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launches on the Nintendo Switch on December 7th.
===================== Don't miss your chance to enter this week's Moot Caption Contest! See last week's winners and enter this week's contest by clicking the link below. Top prize is 500 coins, with four others earning 100 coins each. Good luck!