The Daily Moot (10/30/18)News Picks
1. Old School Runescape Mobile Available on iOS Devices
Nerds, rejoice! Old School Runescape is finally available on all mobile devices for free. Old School Runescape on mobile will use your same account from your computer, meaning you can continue progressing on the go. The servers are also cross-platform, so you can play with your buddies no matter what platforms you’re on. This isn’t the end for Jagex and mobile games, as they’re also working to bring Runescape (the non-Old School version) to mobile devices.
2. Red Dead Redemption 2 has Biggest Weekend in Entertainment History In news that should be surprising to no one, Red Dead Redemption 2 had a fantastic weekend of sales. So fantastic, in fact, that it has set the record for the largest opening weekend of any entertainment product. In just three days, Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold $725 million in copies of the game. The only game launch bigger than RDR2 was GTA V, which launched on a Tuesday.
3. Super Smash Bros Ultimate Direct Announced Thursday, November 1st at 7am there will be a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct where Nintendo will reveal “roughly 40 minutes of new information” about the highly-anticipated game. Director Masahiro Sakurai will host the Smash Direct, which will be followed by a Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation that will showcase more of the game. The Treehouse show will also show off Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!, Pokemon: Let’s Go!, Eevee, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and Diablo III: Eternal Collection.
4. Star Wars Battlefront 2 Introduces General Grievous EA released an update this morning that introduced the iconic General Grievous to Star Wars Battlefront 2. The Jedi Hunter has several moves you’ll recognize from the movie. Thrust Surge lunges General Grievous forward with all of his lightsabers thrust out in front of him. Claw Rush lets General Grievous quickly maneuver around the battlefield. And Grievous’s final ability is Unrelenting Advance, which causes him to spin lightsabers in front of him, blocking shots and damaging anyone that gets in his way. Check out General Grievous in action in the video below!
5. Battlefield V Won’t Have MicroTransactions at Launch DICE revealed this morning there won’t be microtransactions or premium currency in Battlefield V when the game launches on November 20th. Players will be able to earn free in-game currency from the start, but they’ll need to wait before they can spend real money on the game (beyond the initial purchase, of course.) DICE said they’re doing this so their game isn’t pay-to-win, but they also promised their premium currency will only be usable for cosmetic purchases. If I can only use the premium currency for cosmetic items, why do you need to keep it out of the game in order for the game to not be pay-to-win?
===================== Don't miss your chance to enter this week's Moot Caption Contest! See last week's winners and enter this week's contest by clicking the link below. Top prize is 500 coins, with four others earning 100 coins each. Good luck!