Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
May 5, 2020, 04:35 AM 1,610 read

The Daily Moot: Warzone is the Future of Call of Duty

News Picks

1. Warzone is the Future of Call of Duty

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Warzone is the Future of Call of Duty image 12

It’s no secret that Warzone has been a great success for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but it now appears that Activision is looking to include the game mode in future Call of Duty games. Infinity Ward director Taylor Kurosaki explained that Warzone will bridge the gap between different CoD games, saying that “Warzone will be the through line that connects all of the different various sub-franchises of Call of Duty.” It’s unclear how exactly Warzone will connect future cross-generational Call of Duty games, but fans can rest assured that the game mode is here to stay. Regarding the future of Call of Duty, Kurosaki made one thing very clear: “Warzone will be the one constant.”

2. Evo 2020 Cancelled   Evo 2020 has been cancelled. Easily the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, Evo is where the best players on the planet compete for cash prizes in a variety of games including Tekken, Street Fighter, and Super Smash Bros. Originally expected to take place from July 21 to August 2 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada, Evo 2020 will no longer have a physical event. Instead, organizers are now looking to host a special online tournament later this summer as a replacement.

3. New Games from DiRT Rally Creators   The creators of DiRT Rally apparently have 2 new games in the works. As DiRT Rally 2.0 winds down its seasonal activity, the development team will start to put all their focus into their upcoming games. We don’t have many details about the new games yet, but we do know that one of them will be in the DiRT series and will be made by a separate Codemasters studio. At any rate, racing game fans will have plenty to look forward to in the near future.

4. EA Play Showcase   EA has announced a digital-only version of its yearly EA Play showcase. As part of IGN’s Summer of Gaming event, EA will begin the broadcast on June 11 at 4pm PT. EA hasn’t announced any specific games that will be showcased at the event, but it’s reasonable to assume that the usual suspects like Madden and FIFA will likely make an appearance.

5. New Star Wars Movie and Show Announced   Disney has announced that 2 new major Star Wars projects are in the works. The first is a new Star Wars movie and it’s being directed by Thor Ragnarok director Taika Waititi. The second project is a Disney+ TV show from Russian Doll writer Leslye Headland. No details have been released about the content of either project yet, but we can expect more info to start pouring in once production is underway.  

Comment 51

• eRaSynn LV.6 Nomad May 5, 2020, 07:19 AM

Don’t ever say this again

• xp. LV.14 Chief May 5, 2020, 08:54 AM

Although I’m sure a lot of people don’t want Activision to abandon multiplayer, I’m sure their ideas of the games future is set in stone, and whether people like it or not, multiplayer could be abandoned for a while, I expect one more large update for multiplayer and then nothing for a while.

• gumby2383 LV.22 Apex > Fortnite May 5, 2020, 05:13 AM

can't wait for StarWars

• Reusablebelt171 LV.29 Insomniac May 5, 2020, 09:02 AM

RIP clone wars, but it was SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:24 AM

I hope warzone doesn't last, it's time we let the battle royale bandwagon die

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:27 AM

dork MFs.. they said that about Sonic.. and Doom

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:28 AM

some of us like games where we can't memorize the same maps over and over and over #mentalmidgets

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:31 AM

I love how you had to immediately try to offend me just for stating my opinion on social media. you're just providing a wonderful example of those who like battle royale games

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:32 AM

I'ma fps guy myself but I'm not weak enough to hope a genre dies

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:33 AM

get over it..you have your games with teeny tiny maps you've been playing since 2016...no worries. do you. the world moves on

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:33 AM

you sound alike a bitch ass sieger

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:34 AM

mm yes, more insults

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:35 AM

you don't have to buy or play game..worry about getting new siege map

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:37 AM

What? Are you having a stroke? All jokes aside, I'm happy with the maps available and I wish they'd stop reworking them

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:38 AM

that s*** is lame as hell don't nobody want to play old ass maps ain't been a new map in a year-and-a-half get out of here with that b*******. that is not how you keep people that's why I moved on like a lot of other people

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:39 AM

you don't have to play Warzone I know it's popular because it's a very good game and a lot of people play it and it overshadows the games you like.but oh well I'm sure just like when shooting became a new genre nerds like you hoped and wish it would go away.

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:42 AM

Yehyu  are you done? I'm not throwing any shade, I'm being respectful, all I've done was state my opinion. I don't understand why you're so upset

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:43 AM

RusSmurf  how can you be respectful when you hope a genre die one that you don't play and it's very popular the f*** is wrong with you do you not see how much of a ass-hole you are

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:43 AM

RusSmurf  because your attitude is shity because you don't like something you hope it dies f****** fufu ass motherfuker

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:44 AM

Yehyu  correct, I hope it dies. i never said that i didn't like warzone. i dislike the genre because all games are the same now and becoming more similar, they're all using the bandwagon as a cash grab.

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:47 AM

RusSmurf  who walks around saying they hope for Honor dies? nobody.. we don't give a fucc about for Honor.cash grab my ass you sound broke..gaming is a luxury.. don't tell me about cash grabs when siege has a season pass and all you get is new weak ass operators and skins lmaoo

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:48 AM

RusSmurf  doom.. Wolfenstein... goldeneye..unreal tournament..I'm glad none of those guys who develop games gave a shit what a turd like you say or think

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:50 AM

Yehyu  exactly, siege jumped in it too. for honor did. even warframe. anyways, I'm going to spend the rest of my night playin with the boys, take care!

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:50 AM

RusSmurf  I'll be with my wife lmao

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:50 AM

Yehyu  lucky lady

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:51 AM

RusSmurf  no one cares about for Honor or Warframe..and we don't mind siege..it's dope.. and I have bread..no hater here. that's unbecoming of a man

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:51 AM

RusSmurf  yea im the lucky one. she brings out the best in me

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:51 AM

Yehyu  props to her for finding it

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:54 AM

RusSmurf  yea I'm making babies while you make siege Smurf accounts. we are not the same

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:56 AM

Yehyu  have fun

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:56 AM

RusSmurf  I got a kid to show how much fun I have. gaymer

• RusSmurf LV.10 Nomad May 5, 2020, 10:57 AM

Yehyu  coolio, I'm a little young to have a kid but I hope to have several

• Corey Barnett LV.1 Mootie May 5, 2020, 06:09 AM

Kahari

• Bag of Marbles LV.6 Hunter May 5, 2020, 10:22 AM

Ye

• Yehyu LV.19 Parasite May 5, 2020, 10:26 AM

as it should be. thank God for infinity ward

• JayMighty21 LV.11 Chief May 5, 2020, 10:42 AM

This is my 1st Battle Royale experience and I love it.. I used to play a lot of gta5 but gave that up for some call of duty. I'm still trying my best to explore other games and just have a good time.. Show some love and sub to my channel I will do the same. God bless and take care https://youtu.be/BI0cxfK2dhw

• Gear On YT LV.8 Game Critic May 5, 2020, 02:41 PM

if warzone is the "new cod" then it's not cod. because cod is a game about great campaign, and story telling. a fun and some what arcade style multiplayer. and a fun full arcade mode like zombies. and spec ops. where as warzone is a shit battle royal feeding on the dying genre to get money and not to actually care for its players. if cod gets rid of multiplayer or zombies for battle royal next year. then cod will die. and I won't care because old games would be populated for a short while so I can play black ops 2 in peace and then switch back to my ps5 and play some vr. our last hope for cod is fortnite dying and a black ops 2 or 1 remastered.

• NO NAME verified May 5, 2020, 10:17 AM

no

• Grandsword969 LV.3 Lurker May 5, 2020, 10:19 AM

Nice

• Amigo1890 LV.2 Lurker May 5, 2020, 10:44 AM

the game to to easy

• CodyB_fb LV.27 Pathfinder Main May 5, 2020, 11:00 AM

Star Wars, EA Play AND Warzone Hype!!

• Guymanthin LV.3 Assassin May 5, 2020, 11:59 AM

are they talking about the obi wan show?

Home