The Daily Moot: Mysterious New Warzone ItemNews Picks
1. Mysterious New Warzone Item
A mysterious new item has come to Warzone as part of a massive new 15GB update to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. While the update included many of the expected things such as balance changes and bug fixes, it also introduced a new item called the “Red Access Card” to the Warzone game mode. The Red Access Card is listed in the game as a health item, but it currently appears to serve no purpose and players are scrambling to find out how to use it. What do you think it could be?
2. Twitch Stops Valorant Key Farming Twitch has put a stop to streamers who have been exploiting the Drops Program that enables viewers to get Valorant beta keys by watching Twitch streams. Many streamers had been running 24/7 VODs instead of actually live streaming the game. This enabled these streamers to attract large amounts of viewers and bots who were only there to farm keys. Thankfully, Twitch has now revised their policies so that streamers will no longer be able to exploit the Drops Program in this manner.
3. Epic Games Store 2FA From now until May 21, the Epic Games Store will require 2 factor authentication in order for users to claim free games. Epic says that they are “making this change in an effort to encourage our players to take steps to strengthen their Epic account security,” and are using this as a method of getting users to do so voluntarily.
4. OWL MVP Moving to Valorant 2019’s Overwatch League MVP is moving away from Overwatch to begin a career as a pro Valorant player. Jay “Sinatraa'' Won confirmed his departure from the San Francisco Shock on Twitter yesterday and announced that he would be moving to Valorant full-time. While the specific future of Valorant esports is unclear, it is expected that Sinatraa will sign with the Sentinels esports organization in some capacity. It’s pretty incredible to see a reigning champion and league MVP leave his for a game for one that’s currently still in beta; we’ll have to see if Sinatraa’s big risk pays off.
5. May PS Plus Games The next month of PS Plus games has been revealed. Cities: Skylines and Farming Simulator 19 will both be free for PlayStation Plus subscribers during the month of May. The games will be available to claim from May 5 until June 1. If you haven’t claimed April’s games yet, you have until May 4 to grab those games which include Uncharted 4.