The Daily Moot (10/10/18)
1. Fortnite Patch V6.02 Introduces the Quadlauncher
Another week, another Fortnite patch introducing a new weapon. This time, the weapon is a new rocket launcher that lets you fire four rockets in quick succession. The new weapon, creatively dubbed the Quadlauncher, comes in Epic and Legendary rarities and can be found in chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines. This patch also adjusts the drop rates of many snipers and explosive weapons, although the total number of these powerful weapons will stay roughly the same.
2. Hunt: Showdown Teases a New Map Hunt: Showdown is a multiplayer survival game with some heavy battle royale undertones and it is awesome. Since the game came to early access this year, the team behind it has improved optimization, matchmaking, and performance across the board. Now, they’ve released a teaser to show off an upcoming map called Lawson Delta. Lawson Delta is set in post-Civil War Louisiana and will be playable for the first time at TwitchCon later this month.
3. Nintendo Gives Switch Online Subscribers ‘Legend of Zelda’ Switch Online subscribers got a pleasant surprise yesterday as they found The Legend of Zelda was available for free for them to play. This isn’t just some normal version of The Legend of Zelda though, as Nintendo describes it as a “souped-up” version of the game. Players will start with more rupees, some nice equipment, and powerful weapons. If you beat the game, you’ll get access to a more difficult version called Second Quest.
4. PlayStation Confirms PSN Name Changes, Launches Preview Program A blog post on the PlayStation website has confirmed the recent rumors that PlayStation players will soon be able to change their PSN name. There will be a preview program of the feature on an invite-only basis. Users in the preview program will be able to change their PSN ID as many times as they wish, but each change after the first will cost $5 USD for PlayStation Plus members and $10 USD for regular members. If it unknown whether these prices will carry over to when the feature goes live. Speaking of, PSN name changes will be available to general public by early 2019.
5. Forza Horizon 4 Reaches Two Million Players in One Week Just one week after launching, Forza Horizon 4 has seen two million unique players try their game. This makes Forza Horizon 4 the highest-rated Xbox exclusive of the current generation. The team behind the game shared some fun stats to celebrate their first week success. Some highlights include the facts thaet over 4.6 million hours of gameplay have been watched across livestreaming platforms and players have driving over 822 million miles.
================== Be sure to check out Moot Caption Contest #2! Whoever submits the best caption for this week's image (as chosen by Team Moot) will receive 500 Moot Coins! Click below to check it out and submit your caption. Good luck!