The Daily Moot: Deadpool Comes to FortniteNews Picks
1. Fortnite Deadpool Has Arrived
Deadpool has finally arrived! Hyped up since the beginning of Season 2 Chapter 2, Deadpool is now available in Fortnite. In order to unlock the Deadpool skin, you’ll need to complete 14 specific Deadpool challenges, the last 2 of which were released today. The Deadpool skin is available for free so long as you complete the challenges, but there are also some Deadpool-themed items in the shop that you can buy with V-bucks. Check out the official “Deadpool has Arrived” trailer below.
2. Hearthstone Demon Hunter Hearthstone’s new Demon Hunter prologue campaign is now available and it’s free for all players. The campaign is a set of 4 story-driven missions that reveal how Illidan Stormrage became a Demon Hunter. Completing the campaign will earn you the right to play as the game’s first new class and grant you 30 new cards to play with. The Demon Hunter class will be fully available to play with the April 7 launch of the new expansion, Ashes of Outland.
3. Mixer Helping Streamers Mixer has quietly decided to help out their streaming partners who may be struggling financially. The Microsoft-owned company decided to send their partners $100 each to support them during the pandemic, which could go a long way for those who have lost their normal jobs. Although Mixer hasn’t publicly mentioned the gesture, many partners have reached out on Twitter to thank the platform for the support.
4. BAFTA Game Awards The 2020 BAFTA Awards took place last night and the results were pretty surprising. Control and Death Stranding were expected to have big showing as both games had 11 nominations each, but each only walked away with 1 minor prize. The night’s biggest winner was Outer Wilds, which took home 3 awards including Best Game.
5. Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident Evil 3 Remake is now here! Available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, the game is a remake of 1999’s Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and follows Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliveira as they try to survive a zombie apocalypse. Check out the official launch trailer below!