Team Moot verified Admin
Apr 3, 2020, 05:10 AM 795 read

The Daily Moot: The Last of Us Part 2 Delayed Indefinitely

News Picks

1. The Last of Us Part 2 Delayed Indefinitely

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: The Last of Us Part 2 Delayed Indefinitely image 2

The Last of Us Part 2 has been delayed indefinitely. Naughty Dog announced that the launch of the highly anticipated sequel would not hit the planned May 29 release date and would instead be postponed “until further notice.” There is some good news however: Naughty Dog also mentioned that they are “nearly done with the development of The Last of Us Part 2” and “in the midst of fixing the final bugs.” Hopefully this means the game will be ready by Summer.

2. Apex Legends The Old Ways   The latest “Stories from the Outlands” Apex Legends cinematic is here and it accompanies a new event. Called “The Old Ways,” this cinematic features the backstory of Bloodhound, showing their traumatic childhood and how they transformed from a mere child into a fearsome hunter. The Old Ways event will be all about Apex’s hunter, with Bloodhound trials and a Bloodhound Town Takeover. The event will begin on April 7 and run until April 21. Check out the Bloodhound cinematic below.

3. Gearbox Developer Royalties   Gearbox developers are reportedly very upset because their royalty bonuses were lower than expected. Borderlands 3 was the best-selling game that 2K Games has ever produced so Gearbox developers were anticipating sizable royalty checks. Gearbox is unique in that they offer lower salaries in exchange for a profit-sharing agreement which gives 40% of royalties to the development team. Unfortunately for developers, the developer royalties for Borderlands 3 were much less than they had hoped. Gearbox says that this is because of the game’s increased publishing costs which the publisher had to recoup before starting to pay out royalties.

4. Starborne Open Beta   Starborne, a new massively multiplayer online real-time strategy game, has just entered open beta. Developed by Icelandic studio Solid Clouds, Starborne is a grand-scale strategy game which features thousands of players fighting for control of the galaxy. The game offers multiple paths to victory and has been described as “an eight-week-long game of Civilization but set in space on a map with over 5,000 other players.” If you’re a fan of RTS games and are interested in Starborne, check out their website to enter the free open beta.

5. Sea of Thieves Headed to Steam   It looks like Sea of Thieves is headed to Steam. Sea of Thieves mysteriously released a Steam page today without any warning, prompting fans to think that a surprise launch was in the works. Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case, but Microsoft did confirm that Sea of Thieves will be coming to Steam in the near future. As part of the announcement, Microsoft also mentioned that the Steam version will be cross-play compatible with both the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions. While there’s no concrete release date yet, we can likely expect to get some more details soon.

Comment 13

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Apr 3, 2020, 05:38 AM

Rip last of us...

• The100elijackfan LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2020, 01:22 AM

f...ck covid_19 man I've been waiting so long for this game but it was the right choice plz sommeon tell me some good news before I kill someone cause someone could actually die because of this

• The Amazing Bean LV.2 Lurker Apr 4, 2020, 04:30 AM

You still can play the last of us again

• NO NAME verified Apr 3, 2020, 05:11 AM

how much games will be delayed

• Skullkidfan LV.35 Master Apr 3, 2020, 05:17 AM

is that bloodhound in the trailer?!!!!

• Nuwa LV.25 Team Player Apr 3, 2020, 07:05 AM

yes, when they were a child

• Skullkidfan LV.35 Master Apr 3, 2020, 07:06 AM

THAT SO COOL

• Nuwa LV.25 Team Player Apr 3, 2020, 07:20 AM

yup

• Mathfailure1212 LV.19 Pokémon Master Apr 3, 2020, 05:17 AM

Forget playing it, we're about to be living the Last of Us Part 2 if this coronavirus situation keeps getting worse

• Chaz Shields LV.6 Nomad Apr 3, 2020, 08:06 AM

Doesn’t that mean canceled

• gumby2383 LV.24 Beast Apr 3, 2020, 10:14 AM

Never had a interest in zombie/apocalyptic games. But I hope FairyTail the Video Game is still going

• RainNanners LV.25 Insomniac Apr 3, 2020, 10:56 AM

From what I've heard, and read.. they have LoU2 done, and postponed the release originally because of RE3.. but this postponement makes zero sense to me as nearly everything is digital now.

• NeutralCookie LV.2 Dub Collector Apr 3, 2020, 11:50 AM

If they wanna take their time with the game I completely understand, last of us is a work of art and I’d hate to see it be a sloppy money trap

Home