The Daily Moot (3/19/18)
1. New Battle Royale Game Mode for Fortnite Called Blitz: Fast-Paced Games Suited for Mobile Play
Blitz, the new game mode for Fortnite Battle Royale, is available now on all platforms (including mobile). Blitz is just like normal squads in Fortnite, except the game is rapidly accelerated. There is already a storm circle when you jump from the battle bus and new circles form and close-in at a faster rate than usual. On top of the accelerated clock, the game also includes higher spawn rates for top tier weapons and healing items. Additionally, you will even harvest resources faster! All of these factors combine to create a seriously intense, fast-paced game.
2. PUBG Mobile Officially Launches for iOS and Android Around the World In the ever present arms race between Fortnite and PUBG, Bluehole has matched Epic Games today with the official release of a mobile version of their game. Although there have been PUBG knockoffs available on mobile for some time, fans will be excited to get their hands on the official mobile game for free on both iOS and Android starting today. The mobile version of PUBG, like the original version of the game, pits 100 players against each other in a fight to the finish. Unlike the Fortnite mobile app, PUBG mobile lacks cross-platform play and account progression.
3. Epic Games Releases $12 Million Dollars Worth of Paragon Assets Following the Game’s Failure Paragon, a multiplayer battle arena game from Epic Games, is shutting down it’s online servers on April 26th for good. The MOBA never really took off the way that Epic Games would have wanted it to, but they aren’t going to let all their hard work go completely to waste. Many of the visual assets from the game, including both characters and environments, will be completely free for developers to download and use on the Unreal Engine Marketplace.
4. HTC Vive Pro Coming Next Month Represents Another Step Forward for VR Gaming HTC announced today the new Vive Pro HMD. The new Vive headset has an increased resolution of 2880x1600 and includes built in headphones. You can pre-order the new model starting today for $799, the same price the original Vive launched at back in 2016. Speaking of, the currently available Vive is dropping $100 in price down to $499. It’s important to note that the new Vive Pro HMD does not include the base station or controllers. If you already have your setup, this will be nice for you as you don’t need to buy stuff you don’t want. If you’re just looking to get into VR gaming, though, it means it will cost you more than just the base $799 price tag.
5. Lego The Incredibles Game Confirmed by Toy Packaging Finally, it has been confirmed that there will be another Legos game coming. The next confirmed game in the Legos series is based on the highly anticipated animated movie ‘The Incredibles 2.’ The Legos video games have brought us some surprisingly satisfying games in the past, most notably Lego Batman and Lego Star Wars. Although we don’t know exactly when the game will come out, we can assume it will be around the time of the Incredibles 2 movie release slated for June of this year.