Team Moot verified Admin
Oct 2, 2018, 05:59 AM 2,850 read

The Daily Moot (10/1/18)

News Picks

1. Fortnite’s Floating Island is Slowly Moving

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (10/1/18) image 2

If you’ve played Fortnite at all in Season 6 you may have noticed a big floating island above Loot Lake. If you played over the weekend, you’ll have noticed that island is now slowly drifting through the air. The floating island seems to be moving to the different purple runes on the ground. Yesterday, the island reached one of these locations and spawned volcanic craters in the area. What do you think all of this is building up to?

2. Rockstar Releases Another Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Trailer   Red Dead Redemption 2 releases on the 26th of this month and Rockstar Games released a second gameplay trailer this morning to build some hype. The trailer doesn’t reveal anything previously unknown about the game but it shows off some of the more highly anticipated features. First person mode, which is available upon launch, looks amazing as does the rest of the game. If you’re on the fence about RDR2, watch the trailer and it’ll change your mind. If you already know you’re going to buy RDR2, watch it to get hyped!

3. Google Reveals ‘Project Stream,’ Which Streams Games in Chrome   This morning Google revealed Project Stream, a service that will enable users to play games within the Google Chrome web browser. Initial tests will use Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, which launches this Friday. There is a beta you can sign up for to help test the service. The idea behind is powerful computers elsewhere run the game and then stream it to your web browser. If it works, gamers will be able to play high end games on even the wimpiest of computers.

4. Blizzard Teases Overwatch Halloween Event   Blizzard took to Twitter this morning to tease their upcoming Halloween event which is set to launch on October 9th. We don’t know many details of the event yet beyond the limerick in the tweet: “There’s a rumor among explorers, about a monolithic lair, home to terrifying horrors, Heroes, how will you prepare?” There will be new Halloween themed legendary skins and previously Halloween skins will be available for a reduced price.

5. Mojang Announces New Game Called ‘Minecraft: Dungeons’   At Minecon this weekend Mojang, the company behind Minecraft, announced a new spin-off game called Minecraft: Dungeons. The game will be a multiplayer dungeon-crawler that looks a lot like Minecraft. According to the announcement, “up to four players can battle together through action-packed, treasure-stuffed, wildly varied levels, all in an epic quest to save the village and take down the evil Arch-Illager!” Minecraft: Dungeons will release on PC in 2019.

Comment 11

• gatorboy45 LV.40 Diamond Master Oct 2, 2018, 06:03 AM

I enjoyed reading the news today

• Doop LV.19 Boo! Oct 2, 2018, 09:26 AM

You’re a few days late for the fortnite island lmao. No hate, still great app.

• Team Moot verified Admin Oct 2, 2018, 10:59 AM

We know! We just wanted to make sure no one missed it over the weekend 😎

• Doop LV.19 Boo! Oct 2, 2018, 11:00 AM

In that case, I do respect you guys a lot more for caring about people who might have missed it

• ObliviousRex LV.36 RIP Oct 2, 2018, 06:15 AM

• RubenMenchYT LV.12 Titan Oct 2, 2018, 09:31 AM

Its gonna move to each rune location each week (move and stop)

• RubenMenchYT LV.12 Titan Oct 2, 2018, 09:32 AM

Then after the 7th week... 😏

• NO NAME verified Oct 2, 2018, 09:39 AM

Need teammates on ps4. I'm not really good lol.

• SupBoyzIjustWantedT LV.17 Sage Oct 2, 2018, 04:42 PM

My only reading digest in real life.

• DragonKoal LV.23 PlayStation Oct 2, 2018, 06:03 PM

Damn Google's literally doing every fckn business.😱

• NO NAME verified Oct 7, 2018, 01:22 AM

If u look I’m the house it has cube parts I think that when the cube is done going around to the symbols the big island is going to turn into a huge cube

Home