Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Mar 21, 2020, 06:24 AM 1,455 read

The Daily Moot: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Animal Crossing: New Horizons image 2

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is finally here! The first main-series Animal Crossing game in nearly 8 years, New Horizons has easily been one of the most anticipated Nintendo games of 2020. The real-time life sim has opened to rave reviews and currently boasts an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic. Animal Crossing: New Horizons has both single-player and multiplayer game modes and is available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch. Check out our Animal Crossing lounge below to stay updated and find new friends to play with!

2. Xbox Live and Nintendo Online Outages   Both Xbox Live and Nintendo Online have suffered outages due to increased traffic on the services. As many people are staying home due to the Covid-19 coronavirus, gaming has seen a huge boost of players as it offers one of the best forms of indoor entertainment. Playerbase numbers are up across the board and it’s unlikely that they’ll be going down any time soon. Hopefully Xbox Live and Nintendo Online can quickly make some changes to their infrastructure to ensure a stable connection for their users.

3. YouTube and Netflix Reducing Video Quality   YouTube and Netflix are both reducing video quality in Europe. This is in an effort to reduce stress on the systems and prevent overload outages which have affected other services such as Xbox Live and Nintendo Online. Although it may seem unfortunate to have the video quality reduced, this will likely result in an overall better user experience as it should prevent any lag that would occur due to high traffic and bandwidth usage. As of right now, this preventative measure is expected to last 30 days and only affects users in Europe.

4. Riot Boosting Server Capacity   There’s a very clear theme for today: people are staying home, playing games and watching videos, which is causing increased stress on servers. Riot Games explained that North American League of Legends servers were hitting 90% capacity which caused log-in queues and extended queue times. In an effort to combat the stress, Riot has announced that they are boosting the servers to increase the maximum capacity of players.

5. GDC Rescheduled   GDC 2020 has officially been rescheduled. After postponing the original Game Developers Conference due to the Covid-19 coronavirus, GDC 2020 will now take place this summer from August 4-6 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. While some of the content that was planned for GDC has been released online (such as the IGF Awards), there will no doubt be plenty of great new content unveiled at the event later this year. Furthermore, GDC organizers have assured fans that GDC Summer will feature an immersive two-day expo show and “retain the same high level of expert-led talks as the traditional GDC.”

Comment 23

• Skullkidfan verified LV.32 Bloodhound Main Mar 21, 2020, 06:25 AM

omg a actually good animal crossing game

• Huslization LV.2 Lurker Mar 24, 2020, 12:10 AM

Ludwig?

• Melted Slushie LV.21 S Mar 21, 2020, 06:25 AM

i hate animal crossing cause my ex played it

• ThyGrimmRipper LV.4 Nightmare Mar 21, 2020, 09:28 AM

nobody cares about your ex. Play it because you like it l.

• Melted Slushie LV.21 S Mar 21, 2020, 09:34 AM

it was a joke chill

• ThyGrimmRipper LV.4 Nightmare Mar 21, 2020, 09:59 AM

ok you got it

• ImTrashOnPurpose LV.24 Breacher Mar 22, 2020, 02:52 AM

I got the new animal crossing

• bennes2004 LV.5 GG Mar 21, 2020, 09:12 AM

and because of corona virus i can’t get it :((((

• Truckkun LV.10 Team Rocket Mar 21, 2020, 09:18 AM

i can relate, issok bud

• Ashley Mooney LV.3 Lurker Mar 21, 2020, 09:15 AM

This is the best Animal Crossing yet!! I am having so much fun

• rylanizaGOD LV.2 Wraith Main Mar 21, 2020, 10:45 AM

Scfdscyijgggffreaghbcb. Vcdcvcvvvcccvcccccfffrrtrrrreerrttttyyyyygggggfdeefguioooy xhjhjjbbbhhggg

• Deathspoke LV.2 Lurker Mar 21, 2020, 01:25 PM

Sheesh damn Corona virus

• Ербол LV.7 Titan Mar 22, 2020, 03:19 AM

• IcEdOutBiG LV.4 Frankenstein Mar 22, 2020, 08:27 PM

🔥🔥🔥

• Bobby wasabi LV.2 Lurker Mar 23, 2020, 12:15 AM

Anyone trying to play? Shoot me your code so we can try and forget about this stupid pandemic we are in lol

• Animalcrossingfanboi LV.2 Lurker Mar 24, 2020, 04:18 AM

Dude any one remember animal crossing on the game cube

• _TriggeredTriangle_ LV.8 Bamboozled Mar 24, 2020, 06:41 AM

if anyone want to buy me animal crossing thatd be great :(((

• gamerboy1723 LV.2 Lurker Mar 24, 2020, 08:35 AM

omg stranger things

• Junk Giraffe7702 LV.2 Lurker Mar 24, 2020, 10:22 AM

Yo

• So_icy_jor LV.2 Lurker Mar 24, 2020, 11:03 AM

Anyone wanna just hang and fish around:)

Home