The Daily Moot: It's Friday the 13th; Ready to be Spooked?
1. LEC Cancelled; Spooky New Cinematic
Just one day after yesterday’s announcement that the League of Legends European Championship would continue without a live audience, the LEC has now decided to suspend the remainder of Spring Split entirely. This is apparently due to an LEC staff member coming in contact with the coronavirus. In happier news, Riot just released a new cinematic for the upcoming Fiddlesticks rework and let’s just say it’s perfectly timed for Friday the 13th. Check it out below.
2. Destiny 2 Erases Trackers A recent Destiny 2 update at the start of the new Season of the Worthy has angered the most dedicated Destiny players. The surprise update redesigned the emblem system in the game, and in the process deleted many of the stat trackers associated with them. These trackers were the primary way of recognizing some of the most difficult and time-consuming achievements in the game such as Crucible win streaks, gold medals, and massive Empyrean restoration donations. At first assumed to be a bug, Bungie confirmed that the removal of the trackers was intentional which only angered fans more. Fortunately Bungie has retained all the player data, so it’s possible that these trackers could be re-implemented in the future.
3. Control Expansion Control, the action-adventure game that found itself atop many “Game of the Year” lists last year, is getting its first-ever expansion. The expansion is called “The Foundation” and it will be the first of 2 planned expansions for 2020. During The Foundation, players will finally find out what happened to Helen Marshall after she ominously declared she had to “go check on something” and then disappeared. The Foundation expansion is set to be released on March 26.
4. New Valorant Details Riot Games just released some new details about their upcoming competitive shooter, Valorant. Most notable is that the starting roster will have 10 characters who are called “agents.” Of these 10 agents, 5 will be playable at launch while the other 5 will have to be unlocked via in-game or real-word currency. Of the 10 agents that will be available at launch, 8 have been revealed: Brimstone, Jett, Phoenix, Sage, Sova, Cypher, Viper, and Omen. Riot also mentioned that there will be both a free and a paid battle pass and re-emphasized that there will be no way to pay for gameplay or power advantages. This includes things such as skins that could provide a competitive edge. Which agent are you planning to main?
5. Stardew Valley Secrets According to Stardew Valley creator Eric “ConcernedApe” Barone, there are still hidden secrets in Stardew Valley that have yet to be discovered. For a one man team, it’s incredible how much Barone has been able to put into Stardew Valley, and it’s no wonder that the game has remained incredibly popular since it first launched over 4 years ago. If you want to be the first to find all the hidden secrets, then you’d better hurry; a new free update is currently in the works that will undoubtedly add more easter eggs for you to find.