Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Mar 13, 2020, 05:18 AM 1,289 read

The Daily Moot: The Witcher 4

1. The Witcher 4

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: The Witcher 4 image 2

There’s apparently a new Witcher game in the works at CD Projekt Red. In a recent announcement, CD Projekt Red president Adam Kiciński explained that the team had a “clear concept” for a new Witcher game and that they would begin development immediately after the release of Cyberpunk 2077. Interestingly, Kiciński was clear to iterate that the new game would not focus on Geralt as he considers that storyline to be complete. Who do you think will be the main character of the new Witcher game?

2. Changes to Major Esport Events   Another day, another cancellation. The Covid-19 coronavirus has deeply afflicted the gaming industry in pretty much every facet. Now, some of the most prominent tournaments in esports have felt the impact. Overwatch League has banned live audiences. The ESL One Dota 2 Major originally planned for March 20 has been cancelled, although it may occur at a later date. The League of Legends Championships for North America and Europe will no longer be held in stadiums, but rather in the LCS and LEC studios, and will have no live audiences. Furthermore, there will be no live audiences, no tailgates, and no press allowed for the rest of Spring Split. While unfortunate, it is certainly understandable that organizations want to protect the health of their players, personnel, and fans.

3. Guild Wars 2 Expansion   In a recent update post, ArenaNet just revealed plans for a third Guild Wars 2 Expansion. It’s been 3 years since the most recent expansion, Path of Fire, was released, so fans will definitely be excited for something new. Unfortunately it seems that the expansion won’t come for some time, as details are very limited and it doesn’t even have a name yet. In the meantime, next week’s update “Visions of the Past: Fire and Steel” should provide enough content to keep you occupied until more information about the third expansion comes out.

4. Overwatch Lead Writer Leaves Blizzard   After more than 20 years with the company, Michael Chu is leaving Blizzard. Chu initially began as a game tester for Diablo 2, but during his tenure his influence has stretched far and wide. He worked as writer and world designer for games such as Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft before transitioning to the role of lead writer for Overwatch. Chu is responsible for much of the lore and origin stories beloved by Overwatch fans so his absence will almost certainly be noticed. There’s no word yet on what Chu plans to do after leaving Blizzard, but it will be very interesting to see how his departure will impact the upcoming Overwatch 2.

5. Comic-Con Still Going On   San Diego Comic-Con, one of the largest conventions in the United States, is still expected to happen (at least for now). This news comes just after the cancellation of Anaheim’s WonderCon. The state of California has banned all gathering of more than 250 people, so clearly SDCC is expecting the threat of the coronavirus to have died down by Summer. As of right now, San Diego Comic-Con is planned to begin on July 23.

Comment 27

• Kfearless LV.6 Fearless Mar 13, 2020, 05:20 AM

When I say The Witcher 3 is hands down one of THEE best games ever made!

• JDKproductions LV.17 Let’s play R6! Mar 13, 2020, 06:45 AM

100% agree

• Lateo LV.2 Lurker Mar 13, 2020, 05:30 AM

I wonder what the story for Witcher 4 will be

• Reusablebelt171 LV.28 Professional Noob Mar 13, 2020, 05:38 AM

At least we still have comic con!

• Mille Ville LV.4 Jumpmaster Mar 13, 2020, 04:05 PM

Only thing i can go on

• Necromxncer LV.6 Nomad Mar 13, 2020, 05:49 AM

• Kfearless LV.6 Fearless Mar 13, 2020, 06:22 AM

Also I don't think it will be called The Witcher 4. It will be a totally different game but it will take place in the Witcher world.

• terrorist LV.2 Lurker Mar 13, 2020, 05:27 AM

E7

• Brady Barron LV.2 Lurker Mar 13, 2020, 05:31 AM

Wow

• PontiffTwitchy LV.14 Chief Mar 13, 2020, 05:34 AM

*Load*

• gumby2383 LV.20 Assassin Mar 13, 2020, 05:39 AM

What about Indiana Comic Con?

• Bōlán Húlí LV.25 Beast Mar 13, 2020, 05:41 AM

We probably will play as Ciri

• Bob_Ross69 LV.3 Supersonic Mar 13, 2020, 05:42 AM

New witcher=New netflix season😂

• Valair LV.3 Professional Noob Mar 13, 2020, 05:52 AM

I haven't played any of them

• RainNanners LV.25 Insomniac Mar 13, 2020, 05:58 AM

I think it will focus on either Ciri, or an entirely different Witcher.

• GENYS1S LV.12 Nightmare Mar 13, 2020, 06:02 AM

I didn't enjoy the Witcher 3. I actually got a refund and that was my first time ever doing that

• Kfearless LV.6 Fearless Mar 13, 2020, 06:20 AM

damn,

• JDKproductions LV.17 Let’s play R6! Mar 13, 2020, 06:46 AM

i bet witcher 4 will go back in time n show before geralts story. but maybe have some time travel elements that bring you to after geralts story. (they seem to like going back in time)

Home