The Daily Moot (9/13/18)
1. Diablo 3 Eternal Collection Releases on Switch in November
November 2nd will be the start of BlizzCon 2018, but we now know it will also be the launch day for the Diablo 3: Eternal Collection for the Nintendo Switch. The Eternal Collection includes the original version of Diablo 3, which released in 2012, as well as the game’s expansion packs and content updates. Switch players will have access to 4-player co-op play and some unique cosmetics, but Blizzard has also said they’re 'exploring' cross-platform play.
2. BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Tickets now Available Although BlizzCon doesn’t start until November, you can now order your virtual ticket for the event. To sweeten the deal a little bit, virtual ticket holders will immediately unlock a Diablo-themed legendary skin for the Overwatch hero Sombra. The virtual ticket will enable holders to watch the main presentations from BlizzCon when it kicks off on November 2nd. This year’s BlizzCon Virtual Ticket costs $50 USD.
3. Rocket League’s Cross-Platform Parties Delayed Psyonix Studios, the team behind Rocket League, have made a lot of big strides for their game this year. The RocketID, which would enable cross-platform friends to party up and play online together, was supposed to release this month but will now be late. Psyonix announced yesterday they are delaying the RocketID to make sure it is operating smoothly upon release. In the meantime, we’ll keep grinding away on the new Rocket Pass.
4. Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered Releasing Next Year Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is coming out next month, and this morning Ubisoft announced the game’s DLC and season pass plans. Included in the game’s season pass is a nice surprise, an Assassin’s Creed 3 remaster. Assassin’s Creed 3 is set during the American Revolution and received mixed reviews. While the story itself was better than average, the game released with a medley of issues. Hopefully the remaster cleans up most of the old bugs. The Assassin’s Creed 3 remaster will be available independently of the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey season pass.
5. Nickelodeon Kart Racers Announced 90s kids! This one’s for you. Nickelodeon Kart Racers features characters from some of Nickelodeon’s most popular shows, including Spongebob, Hey Arnold, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Rugrats. The announcement trailer makes the game look like it would fit right into the late 90s ensemble of games, which is fitting given the subject matter. Nickelodeon Kart Racers doesn’t have a release date, but we know it will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch.