The Daily Moot (3/14/18)
1. Twitch Prime Now Gives Free Games
Starting tomorrow, March 15th, Twitch will be offering Prime users free games each month. The “freebie” initiative is called “Free Games with Prime” and it literally does just that. This is another impressive addition of free stuff given out by Twitch to their Prime subscribers which already includes free in-game items, ad-free viewing, channel subscriptions, and more. For the month of March, Prime users will have access to Superhot, Shadow Tactics, Tales from Candlekeep, Oxenfree, and Mr. Shifty. This is a great move by Twitch as streaming platforms are becoming more and more clutter by the day.
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Hints at Battle Royale Game Mode Activision hinted at a future battle royale game mode in Black Ops 4 by saying they are “keenly aware” of its success. While this is by no means an announcement is a battle royale game mode, it is giving us the implication that something may be on the way. The success of battle royale style games has been unparalleled and it only makes sense for other game developers to follow in the footsteps of games such as PUBG and Fortnite. What do you guys think, is Activision going to create a battle royale style game?
3. Stardew Valley Multiplayer Mode is Close The Stardew Valley multiplayer mode has officially entered QA testing, which means it is somewhere close on the horizon. The multiplayer functionality is apparently just icing on the cake for what is expected to come in the next update. Eric Barone, the games creator, stated that the update will also bring a lot of “new single player stuff.” After the QA testing will come the beta testing, so expect the full release to come sometime soon!
4. Kirby Star Allies Review Kirby Star Allies is set to come out this Friday, March 16th. The hype for the game has been pretty lackluster, but the reviews of the game after some players were given early access has been pretty stellar. IGN recently released a very in depth review of the entire game and gave it an overall score of 8.3/10. That is a pretty dang good score for a platformer style game. Here at the Moot headquarters, we are all planning on buying the game upon release; will you?
5. Skyrim VR Coming to PC Skyrim Virtual Reality will make its way to PC on the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive next month on April 3rd. Skyrim has been an amazing game since day one, and it looks like it is about to get even more awesome. Check out the preview for the VR version of Skyrim by clicking the link below!