The Daily Moot (9/11/18)
1. Fortnite Vaults Tommy Gun, Introduces Suppressed Assault Rifle
The absolute maniacs at Epic Games have really done it now, as they’re vaulting the incredibly popular Tommy Gun as of this morning. The Tommy Gun was known for being powerful from the moment it was introduced. The submachine gun was a big contributing factor to the ‘spray meta’ of season five that many have despised, so perhaps it won’t be missed. With the Tommy Gun leaving, we are getting the Suppressed Assault Rifle which supposedly “rewards precision over rapid-fire.”
2. PUBG Drops Below a Million Daily Players After the ridiculously high highs PUBG set last year, it’s no surprise to see their player numbers dropping off to more reasonable levels. For the first time in over a year, yesterday marked a day where PUBG did not exceed one million daily players. PUBG is still the most popular game on Steam and the predominant ‘realistic’ battle royale game, but with Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 5 right around the corner PUBG’s downswing may be just beginning.
3. Marvel’s Spider Man to Receive New Game Plus Soon In response to a fan question on Twitter, developer Insomniac Games confirmed they are working on a New Game Plus mode for Marvel’s Spider Man that will hopefully be ready soon. New Game Plus is a popular game mode that lets you restart the game with all of your upgraded abilities after you beat it. New Game Plus provides players with a reason to keep playing, especially while they’re waiting for future DLCs.
4. Hollow Knight Comes to PS4 on September 25th Rejoice PS4 players! On September 25th the highly acclaimed platformer Hollow Knight will finally be available on the PlayStation 4. Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition includes the original Hollow Knight and all four content packs, which each add new quests, bosses, and abilities. Hollow Knight has seen tremendous success on the Steam marketplace and the Nintendo Switch, so it will be exciting to see it do well on the PlayStation 4 as well.
5. Dr. Disrespect Ends Stream After Shots Fired Into his Home Popular Twitch streamer and gaming icon Dr. Disrespect ended his stream early today because someone fired a gun into his house, breaking a window. The doc was playing the new Black Ops 4 battle royale beta this morning when he heard a gunshot. After leaving to investigate, Dr. Disrespect came back and explained that he needed to end the stream because for the second day in a row someone had fired a gun at his home. The doc has updated on Twitter to say that he and his family are all safe.