Team Moot verified Admin
Feb 20, 2020, 05:13 AM 2,389 read

The Daily Moot: Bad News for The Last of Us Part 2

News Picks

1. Sony Skipping PAX East

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Bad News for The Last of Us Part 2 image 2

Over concerns of the Covid-19 coronavirus, Sony has decided to cancel their participation in the upcoming PAX East convention. While Sony’s absence will definitely be felt overall, fans will no doubt be most disappointed by missing out on The Last of Us Part 2. PAX East was supposed to provide the first opportunity for fans to get their hands on the game and demo it, but it appears that we’ll now have to wait until the game officially releases in order to play it. The Last of Us Part 2 is expected to launch on May 29.

2. Uncharted Film to Begin Shooting   After securing its seventh director in Venom and Zombieland’s Ruben Fleischer, the Uncharted movie is finally ready to begin shooting. First announced in 2009, the film has gone through a tumultuous history, so it’s great to finally have something concrete in the works. The movie will draw inspiration from Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, but will explore the early years of Nathan Drake and serve as a prequel to the games. The Uncharted movie is expected to come out in 2021, and will star Tom Holland as Nathan Drake and Mark Wahlberg as Sully.

3. EVE Online Shooter Scrapped   After four years in development, developer CCP Games has decided to scrap their EVE Online FPS game dubbed “Project Nova.” Designed as an FPS spin-off of EVE Online, Project Nova was first announced over four years ago and was CCP Games’ second attempt at creating a shooter in the EVE Online universe. Despite two failed attempts however, it seems that CCP Games is considering trying one last time. It’s expected that the new project will be much more ambitious than the previous attempts, with a spokesperson saying, “We're continuing to develop our sci-fi multiplayer shooter game concept actively evolving it beyond the original scope for what was formerly codenamed Project Nova.”

4. No Man’s Sky Living Ships Update   The latest update to No Man’s Sky is bringing biological spaceships to the game. The free Living Ships update will allow players to hatch ships from eggs and nurture them into adulthood. Once the ships are adults, you’ll be able to fly them around like their mechanical counterparts. It definitely sounds strange but strange is pretty much the status quo for No Man’s Sky thus far.

5. Desperados 3 Trailer   After missing its planned 2019 release date, Desperados 3 is now expected to launch this Summer. Desperados 3 is a Wild West tactical stealth game where Red Dead Redemption meets Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. The game will serve as a prequel to the series, taking place before the events of Desperados 1. Check out the trailer below.

Comment 23

• Reusablebelt171 LV.30 JUST SEND IT Feb 20, 2020, 05:16 AM

YESSSSS UNCHARTED MOVIE!!!!!!

• gatorboy45 verified LV.40 Diamond Master Feb 20, 2020, 05:17 AM

Oh yeah, I'd definitely watch that Uncharted film!

• Stickyfingerzz LV.2 Lurker Feb 20, 2020, 07:22 AM

Don’t blame them

• TyrannaxGaming LV.24 Insomniac Feb 20, 2020, 05:19 AM

That sucks

• Green verified LV.31 Legend Feb 20, 2020, 07:21 AM

Y’all need some more mods in the Fortnite lounge. Place is a shit show and has been for months

• Calzr22 LV.14 Assassin Feb 20, 2020, 07:22 AM

Tom Holland!!!!🕷🙎🏻‍♂️

• gamer350583954 LV.1 Mootie Feb 20, 2020, 07:19 AM

dam

• GamerJake1029 LV.2 Lurker Feb 20, 2020, 07:20 AM

watch as it doesnt release until another 5 years lol

• Orlando Power LV.2 Lurker Feb 20, 2020, 07:21 AM

I don’t think the last of us 2 will be that good

• RainNanners LV.25 Insomniac Feb 20, 2020, 10:02 AM

You know Naughty Dog hasn't really released a game that isn't goty worthy right?

• Orlando Power LV.2 Lurker Feb 20, 2020, 10:04 AM

So…all good things must come to an end maybe not this game but there time will come just like rockstar and all the rest.

• RainNanners LV.25 Insomniac Feb 20, 2020, 10:38 AM

That's such a great outlook on life 😏

• Orlando Power LV.2 Lurker Feb 20, 2020, 10:39 AM

I’m not quite certain if that was genuine right now

• RainNanners LV.25 Insomniac Feb 20, 2020, 10:58 AM

• Orlando Power LV.2 Lurker Feb 20, 2020, 11:00 AM

RainNanners  I ain’t got time to argue about a shitty game with you so don’t bother with another comment because it won’t be answered too

• SaVaGe_X52 LV.4 Lurker Feb 20, 2020, 07:39 AM

that is so fucking stupid. Sony wtf that fucking citus has nothing to do with the company. I fucking hate stupid decisions like that. I would've loved to try a demo😥. I'm still gonna buy this game when its released though

• RainNanners LV.25 Insomniac Feb 20, 2020, 07:58 AM

Hearing prequel etc.. makes me not want anything to do with the Uncharted movie. Especially Mark Wahlberg's history with video game related movies.

• ɃØᵾNȻƗNǤŁɆMᵾɌ™ LV.22 Mobile Feb 20, 2020, 08:27 AM

Keen for desperados 3

• Syncッ LV.21 Big Chungus Feb 20, 2020, 08:41 AM

ah, damn it. I loved the last of us

• TheRainbowNessie_ LV.21 Dragon Feb 20, 2020, 09:55 AM

tom Holland as young nathan drake, I don't know. tom looks like a 12 year old kid and young nathan will made 17 or 18, 19 at the most so not that much hype but still a lot of hype.

• Chompette^__^ ^^ LV.28 Insomniac Feb 21, 2020, 01:35 AM

NO MANS SKY SOUNDS LIKE FARSCAPE!!!

Home