The Daily Moot (3/13/18)
1. Former Halo Lead’s New Game
The former executive producer of the Halo franchise, Josh Holmes, is developing a new game called "Scavengers" with his indie gaming company, Midwinter Entertainment. The game is said to be a spiritual successor to the Warzone game mode from Halo 5: Guardians described as a multiplayer survival shooter “coopetition”. Multiple groups of players will face off against other teams as well as quick-witted and powerful AI. The game takes place in the near future where the Earth has been pushed into a new Ice Age. There is no official release date just yet but expect some more information to come at E3 this year!
2. Remote Explosive Coming to Fortnite Battle Royale Surprise, surprise, Fortnite Battle Royale is adding even more weapons to the arsenal of existing weapons. This time, it is in the form of a stick bomb. The stick bomb is expected to take the place of the smoke bomb that is going to be removed from the game entirely due to the lack of usage. Fortnite Battle Royale is setting a new precedent in terms of how often developers should be releasing updates. Keep it up, Epic Games!
3. Monster Hunter: World Update Monster Hunter: World is getting a new Devil May Cry update sometime in the near future. The update will contain new armor and weapons including a new charge blade variant described as a “devious combination of the Force Edge and Alastor” (swords from the original Devil May Cry). There has not been an official release date for the new DLC but expect it to arrive sometime in the next handful of weeks.
4. 9 Characters We Hope to See in Smash IGN put together a list of 9 characters we are hoping to see in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. and it is honestly pretty spot on. The list is as follows: - Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) - Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy) - Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls) - Papyrus and Sans (Undertale) - Captain Toad (Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker) - Breath of the Wild Champions (Zelda: Breath of the Wild) - Geralt (The Witcher) - Amaterasu (Okami) - Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (ARMS) Do you agree? Who else would you want to see in Smash? Let us know in the comments!
5. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 2018 Spotted A listing for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 2018 was spotted earlier today on Amazon by a Reddit user only to be quickly removed. The listing was shown with no description, cover art, price, or system, it simply had the name only. Granted this could be a speculative placeholder put into action by Amazon, or maybe this could be a title we will see later on this year. It has been 5 year since the last Splinter Cell, and would make a lot of sense to bring the successful title back to life. Would you buy as new Splinter Cell title? Let us know in the comments!
================ Also we are looking for new Moderators for all lounges! Fill out an application below if you are interested. Good luck!