Team Moot verified Admin
Sep 5, 2018, 03:31 AM 2,346 read

The Daily Moot (9/4/18)

News Picks

1. New Battlefield 5 Trailer Reveals More Battle Royale Details

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (9/4/18) image 2

The team behind Battlefield 5 released a new trailer this morning that provides some valuable new information about the upcoming title. First, we have now learned the battle royale mode will be called Firestorm. Apparently, Firestorm will be squads only. It is said to take place on the largest Battlefield map ever, featuring destructible environments, assorted weaponry, and tons of vehicles. The trailer also provides details about multiplayer game modes and the single player campaigns. It is definitely worth checking out!

2. Anthem’s Story Mode DLC’s Will be Free   Anthem is a highly anticipated multiplayed action-RPG coming from Bioware next year. During PAX this past weekend, Bioware announced that all post-launch story DLCs for the game will be free to all players. The fact that they’re specifying one type of DLC will be free suggests there will also be paid DLCs, although we can only assume what those will include for now. We do know there won’t be any loot boxes and there apparently won’t be any way to “pay for power.” Bioware releases on February 22nd, 2019 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

3. Olympic President Says Esports are Too Violent for International Games   Thomas Bach, the president of the International Olympic Committee, said over the weekend that any video games that revolve around violence will not be accepted into the Olympics as they are ‘contradictory to Olympic values.’ Ironically, Bach’s background is in fencing. Sure, fencing has violent roots, but Bach believes it is a civilized expression to partake in fencing. Video games where you kill each other though? Far too uncivilized for the Olympics, according to Bach. What do you guys think?

4. Sci-Fi Platformer ‘Planet Alpha’ Launches Today   While there are dozens of platformers releasing every month, certain ones stick out for one reason or another and Planet Alpha is one of those. Planet Alpha is striking not just for its artistic style, which is mesmerizing, but also for its premise. You play as a scientist who wakes up on a strange world, injured, and need to find your way home. As you progress you realize you have the power to manipulate the time of day, which you must use to your advantage. Planet Alpha launched today and as available on Steam for $19.99 USD.

5. Fortnite’s ‘High Stakes’ Event Starts Tomorrow   A new event starts for Fortnite tomorrow called High Stakes. Some information about the event was revealed at PAX West over the weekend. We learned the event will feature a heist theme and introduce a new game mode. The new game mode requires teams of four to compete to steal the prized crystal llama. While this is definitely a break from traditional Fortnite battle royale modes, it is very much in line with the type of experimenting Epic Games has messed around with in the past.

6. Henry Cavill Will Play Geralt in Netflix’s Witcher Series   Netflix has been working on a TV series for The Witcher for a while now and they just found their Geralt. Henry Cavill, perhaps most known for playing Superman, will play Geralt of Rivia in the new show. It is worth noting the show, which will feature 8 episodes in its first season, is based on the books, not the video games.

======================   Also, we are recruiting more Moderators! If you think you'd make a great addition to our moderation team, check out the application below and apply!

Comment 14

• ObliviousRex LV.36 RIP Sep 5, 2018, 04:14 AM

1. Honestly, I don’t much care for Battlefield games... but that video has me very interested. This could be the one to reel me in all the way.

2. Good news for Anthem... so far.

3. Disagree with him, no surprise, but I see where he’s coming from.

6. Fantastic choice of actor for the role.

• Sir Blitz#3464 LV.34 Mythic Sep 5, 2018, 06:13 AM

Can’t wait to see this Witcher when it comes out

• Hmoobfearless LV.17 Sage Sep 5, 2018, 02:03 PM

Honestly, I was hoping for Mads Mikkelsen

• Alvin Torres LV.22 Carry Me Sep 5, 2018, 06:58 AM

Yes can’t wait

• NO NAME verified Sep 7, 2018, 11:43 PM

• Kaleb Brooks LV.1 Mootie Sep 5, 2018, 08:40 AM

Hey I don't know like you can call me back but hey I don't have

• SpunkySam LV.21 S Sep 5, 2018, 08:46 AM

I'm very excited for High Stakes, and the BattleField trailer has got me so hyped and I'm so excited to play the beta. But who the hell thought that esports should be the Olympics in the first place?

• Alvin Torres LV.22 Carry Me Sep 5, 2018, 08:53 AM

Can’t wait for battlefield 5

• Samuel Samano LV.1 Mootie Sep 5, 2018, 09:40 AM

Si

• Tony the GOAT LV.1 Mootie Sep 5, 2018, 09:53 AM

Thanks

• X9AM_ER3CT10NX LV.5 Lurker Sep 5, 2018, 11:35 AM

How is fortnite one here every time but forsaken just came out and were ignoring it😣

• NightSpray LV.20 Good Leader Sep 5, 2018, 10:16 PM

I'm 50/50 on battlefield

• Charbel Mrad LV.2 Lurker Sep 6, 2018, 05:47 AM

g

• NO NAME verified Sep 9, 2018, 09:58 PM

J

Home