Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Feb 13, 2020, 05:06 AM 330 read

The Daily Moot: Activision/Blizzard Hates Their Fans, Stardew Valley Sequel?

1. Activision/Blizzard Drops GeForce Now

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Activision/Blizzard Hates Their Fans, Stardew Valley Sequel? image 2

GeForce Now is probably the best cloud gaming platform on the market, and one of its key selling points is its incredible library of games. Unfortunately, all games from Activision and Blizzard have been pulled from the service, including Call of Duty, Overwatch, and Diablo 3. There aren’t many details on why Activision/Blizzard has decided to drop GeForce Now, but it’s likely that it just comes down to money. While it’s of course important for publishers to get paid what they deserve, this just seems like yet another instance of Activision/Blizzard doing a disservice to their fans. As far as GeForce Now is concerned, you can still enjoy any of the 1,500+ non-Activision/Blizzard games that the platform provides.

2. Stardew Valley Sequel   The developer of Stardew Valley, Eric “ConcernedApe” Barone, is working on two new games, including what appears to be a Stardew Valley sequel. Although it won’t be a farming sim, the game will take place within the world of Stardew Valley. Concerning his new projects, Barone said that he is “approaching this game with the goal to surpass the quality of every aspect compared to Stardew Valley.” Stardew Valley is easily one of the most successful and well-liked indie games of all time. If Barone is able to achieve what he’s set out to do, we could very well be getting another masterpiece that greatly affects the video game landscape as a whole. Unfortunately, it sounds like we’ll have to wait awhile; as he still has to put in the “1000's more hours of work necessary to finish it.”

3. Borderlands 3 Increasing Level Cap   Borderlands 3 is getting its first-ever level cap increase. The maximum level will now be 53 instead of 50. While this may not seem like much, Borderland 3’s lead designer explained that they are taking a conservative approach because the skill trees are extremely powerful and Gearbox wants to ensure that the game doesn’t become unbalanced. Along with the level cap increase, the update will also include a limited-time Broken Hearts Day event where players can earn some free guns and skins. The February update goes live tomorrow.

4. The Division 2 Expansion   The Division 2 is getting a massive expansion called Warlords of New York. Taking place in a former Dark Zone in South Manhattan, the expansion is designed to tie up loose ends from The Division 1, including the conclusion of Aaron Keener’s storyline. Warlords of New York will also increase the level cap from 30 to 40, and will also introduce many quality-of-life improvements and an RPG overhaul. The expansion will cost $30, and is set to come out on March 3.

5. Metro Exodus Sam’s Story   Metro Exodus’ second major expansion "Sam’s Story" is now live! In the new expansion, players control a former marine who is trapped in the post-apocalyptic Soviet territories and is struggling to return home to the United States. Check out the official launch trailer below.

Comment 10

• Defaultiest.Soop verified LV.27 Default Savior Feb 13, 2020, 05:13 AM

I'm excited for the Stardew Valley sequel!

• Invisible Hamster verified LV.24 Doubloon Digger Feb 13, 2020, 04:52 PM

Me too! Such a good game, and I'm honestly pretty happy that the sequel won't be another farming sim. I really liked all the rpg aspect of Stardew Valley. If you're a fan of Stardew I would highly recommend checking out My Time at Portia. In my opinion it's basically a more interesting version of Stardew Valley (less focus on farming and more focus on developing relationships with the townsfolk).

• Mathfailure1212 LV.17 Pokémon Master Feb 13, 2020, 05:08 AM

Another thing to note is that The Division 2 is on sale for $3 on all platforms leading up to the expansion coming out

• DaPi verified LV.28 Champion Feb 13, 2020, 08:09 AM

only 3??!!

• Mathfailure1212 LV.17 Pokémon Master Feb 13, 2020, 08:10 AM

Yup. 95% sale on playstation, xbox and i think the Ubisoft store on PC

• Skullkidfan verified LV.31 Bloodhound Main Feb 13, 2020, 05:09 AM

k

• Rainbow Trooper LV.21 Dragon Feb 13, 2020, 07:17 AM

so can someone please better explain what Activision did to geforce

• Invisible Hamster verified LV.24 Doubloon Digger Feb 13, 2020, 04:50 PM

So at first they had all their games on GeForce Now. Since GeForce Now is getting popular, Activision took all their games off the service which means that people who own the games can't play them on GeForce Now anymore. Hope this makes sense.

• Rainbow Trooper LV.21 Dragon Feb 13, 2020, 11:52 PM

thx

• Reusablebelt171 LV.27 Professional Noob Feb 13, 2020, 11:02 PM

I'm soo hyped for metro and division expansions!!!!

Home