The Daily Moot: Nintendo Suing Gamers?
1. Nintendo Going After Leakers
Nintendo is sicking the chain chomps on video game leakers. After Portuguese website FNintendo accidentally leaked images of Pokemon Sword and Shield back in 2019, Nintendo has completely cut ties with the company after 14 years of collaboration. It’s not just major publications that Nintendo is going after; they have also begun taking legal action towards leakers on online platforms like 4Chan and Discord. While it’s completely understandable that a company would want to protect their intellectual property, it seems unlikely that threats of lawsuits will stop leakers anytime soon.
2. Big Changes Coming to Anthem BioWare has announced their plans to completely revamp Anthem. It’s no secret that the game has been a commercial and critical flop, much like The Division 2 which it was set to compete against. BioWare says they are scrapping the upcoming season and updates, and instead are going to put all their efforts into redesigning the experience and reinventing the core gameplay loop. Whether or not their efforts will be successful remains to be seen, but BioWare is certainly optimistic as games such as No Man’s Sky have proven that huge comebacks are possible.
3. The Last of Us Part 2 PS4 Themes The Last of Us Part 2 just released some new concept art along with a dynamic theme for the PlayStation 4. The theme is available for free from the PlayStation Store, and it transitions from day to night depending on your PS4’s clock. In order to unlock the theme, players in the Americas should use code 4FMP-BBNM-J5L3, while players elsewhere should use code 9DEK-PKNG-N445. The codes expire today, so if you want the new theme be sure to act fast!
4. Animal Crossing Chrome Extension A fan-made extension for Google Chrome now lets you play music from any Animal Crossing game through your browser. Called the Animal Crossing Music Chrome Extension, the add-on changes the songs based on your local time and weather. The new extension could be the perfect thing to tide you over until Animal Crossing: New Horizons launches next month.
5. Outriders Trailer Set in a dark and desolate sci-fi world, Outriders is a 1-3 player co-op shooter from Square Enix and People Can Fly. There aren’t a lot of specific details about the game yet, but they just released their first official “gameplay” trailer. Not sure why they’re calling it a “gameplay trailer” because it’s pretty much all cinematics and no gameplay. That said, the game does look interesting. Check out the trailer below.
P.S. Check out Rue's latest Tried and True review of Temtem!